Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

2nd Website - Namecheap to HostGator

PremiumMember
cfiskey
Trust:

2nd Website - Namecheap to HostGator

Hi guys,

I am creating a second website based on the Affiloblueprint.

I want to link my new (second) domain that I registered through NameCheap to my HostGator account.

I know I have to go into "Manage Domains", and then change my DNS information to the 2 HostGator Nameservers inside my second domain at Namecheap (whew).

My question is this; Do I use the same NameServers as my original Hostgator website? In other words, when I created my HostGator account a couple of months ago, I had 2 nameservers identified in my confirmation of registration email. Are those my nameservers "forever"? Or will they be different each time I create a new domain/website?

Thanks
(I hope that made sense).

Craig
mattscott
Trust:
Hi Craig,

If you go into your hosting account for the new domain it should tell you the name servers, then just copy and paste it into your domain account details for that domain name.

Hope that helps

Mat
PremiumMember
cfiskey
Trust:
Hi Matt,

Not really. I am watching week 3 again - and I need to link NameCheap with HostGator.

I need to "insert" the DNS servers from HostGator into NameCheap.

Again, what I am trying to determine is if the DNS servers that were originally assigned for my first website during the Hostgator registration process (as shown in the video), is the same server information I put into NameCheap for my second website.

I am assuming the answer is "yes" - but I don't quite know enough to be comfortable to do it without confirmation. I don't want to risk doing something to my first site if it is not the right thing to do.

Thanks again.

Craig
PremiumMember
cfiskey
Trust:
Hey guys,

I don't know why I didn't do this earlier - HostGator has a good chat support model I just noticed. I threw this question at them.

FYI - use the same DNS servers for all domains that are hosted by HostGator.

Thanks folks!

Craig

This topic was started on Dec 05, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.