Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Which SEO Plugin to Choose?

lukecorden
Trust:

Which SEO Plugin to Choose?

Hi all,

I am conflicted over the use of SEO plug-ins for WP. I am currently working through affiloblueprint and affilojetpack- the two compliment each other nicely. I have found myself with a small dilemma though.

At different times I have been advised to use different WP plug-ins. The more complete wordpress SEO by Yoast which I use for all my on page seo.

But I have also been recommended to use the All in One SEO pack. This plug-in allows me to customize my permalink structures.

Together then they are well suited, except in one of the more recent videos post in the AFJ SEO training Sam Frost says in no uncertain terms that you should only be using one SEO plug in.

How should I proceed here? I get the feeling the custom permalink structure is important as it has been featured in just about every Affilo- training on configuring WP but the seo for yoast is clearly a necessary plug in...

Can I run with both of these plug ins or is there a work around for the permalink structures?

All thoughts are appreciated.

LC
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Luke,

We used to recommend All in One SEO and did so in Affilojetpack and the previous version of Affiloblueprint. We now recommend Wordpress SEO by Yoast in Affiloblueprint 3. This is not to say that All in One SEO is no longer relevant or. It's still a great SEO plugin, but Wordpress SEO has more built-in functions.

It's really up to you which to use, but use only one SEO plugin as using two at the same time can cause incompatibility issues. If you wish to use the Wordpress SEO, but worried about the permalink structure, you can always set a custom permalink structure by going to Settings > Permalinks on your Wordpress Dashboard.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

tankctrlr
Trust:
And to further complicate things I'll add you should try SEO Ultimate, good luck :P http://wordpress.org/plugins/seo-ultimate/

But seriously you should only use one SEO plugin because you might get conflicts and when something goes wrong with SEO it can be pretty bad, like having your pages not be indexed or even mistakenly blocked. So just test them and pick the one you like best. I chose SEO Ultimate.
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

lukecorden
Trust:
Thanks to both of you. I'm just going to stick with Yoast for now whilst I get my site up and running. It's getting closer now, slowly moving through the off page seo.

Good advice guys. I'll get rid of the secondary plug in tonight.

LC
katewillson.directlyme
Trust:
I'll recommend you All in One SEO Plugin because its easy to use and helpful in SEO.
michael_pina123
Trust:
Wordpress SEO by Yoast has some high level feature and if you are newbie I am not recommend you to use it. All in One SEO pack plug-in is easy to use and customize and it also has some powerful features.

This topic was started on Aug 28, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.