Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Trusted Site Tool Question - have not received a check mark

PremiumMember
stiznef
Trust:

Trusted Site Tool Question - have not received a check mark

I've done several searches now with the trusted site tool for one of my niches.

I have not yet received 1 check mark. I'm receiving either the "x" or the "?" and that's it. I have yet to find a site with no follow.

Is this common or may there be a glitch on my side?

Thanks,

Stiz
Last edited by michellerana on 08 Dec 09 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

Site Admin
simonslade
Trust:
Most of the "?" ones will be "follow", you should open these up as it means that our software has not found any "nofollow" tag so it is likely to be followable. We can't always guarantee this though as some pages may have no comments on them, so we are not 100% certain they are followable.

Hope this helps :)
Add us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

PremiumMember
stiznef
Trust:
OK Great. Thanks.
lapigems
Trust:
This thread leads to my question - are no follow links completely useless in terms of SEO and rankings? I have read that recent changes in algorithms have negated their usefulness. Should I not bother adding links on blogs/forums with no follow?
PremiumMember
stiznef
Trust:
On last nights webinar. Mark mentioned that he has a friend who got top organic google rankings for certain keywords using only "no-follow" links.

I don't know when this was done, but I believe Mark did say that he likes to have 25% of the links to his site be no follow.

Hope that helps.

Stiz

This topic was started on Dec 08, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.