Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Submitting to Yahoo directory

rivihe
Trust:

Submitting to Yahoo directory

Hi Everyone

I have seen a number of SEO experts and affiliate marketers recommend submitting your site to the yahoo directory. It costs 300 dollars, so my question is - has anyone had done it? and did they find worth out of it??

Cheers

Rivihe
faradina
Trust:
Hi Rivihe,

I was about to submit but then acceptance is not guaranteed even when you pay and the payment is non-refundable.

If I am going to pay out such an amount, I would want to have a sure listing instead of just a priority review. I would rather invest the money in something that gives me more value.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Google's Webmaster Guidelines actually said that the Yahoo directory is a good inlink. It could help increase your ranking but there are plenty of free directories that could help you improve your ranking as well. You might also want to see the discussion on this thread: Listed in the Yahoo Directory - Why is it so important?
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

rivihe
Trust:
Hi There - thanks for the response
imranfuuast
Trust:
you should use free high pr directories ,,yahoo directories is wastage of time and money !
spot111
Trust:
I think there are cheaper services out there. Also even with a paid submission, it might take a week or two for them to approve.
digitalmac
Trust:
Ezine Article Directory is the best one and if you will submit articles for your each page , it will definately help you rank well for each page.
Start your own digital downloads store with 2000+ ebooks, Softwares Visit http://www.resale-store.com now.

angelinaparker86
Trust:
yahoo backlinks provide strong backlink for website but you can try and search more directory websites better then yahoo,,
markandeysingh
Trust:
I have submitted 4 to 5 websites for my client.
michaelbish
Trust:
Submission to yahoo directory is one of the nice directory submission.And on yahoo there is option available of free submission of website but there is some charge on directory submission but it provide the best service on yahoo and it is more helpful to get more traffic and also to get high page rank of your website so it is more beneficial.
directory submission service

This topic was started on Jan 30, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.