Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Spam links

mark schaaf
Trust:

Spam links

I was on another affiliate forum the other day and many people on that forum consider links you get from blogs and forums as spam links. I often go to blogs and forums to read and sometimes make comments, most of the time I don't put my site info on these pages I would rather put it in a bio section if the site has one so people can find me that way. What do people on this forum consider spam links, I have never heard of this except one other time where someone was saying I use spam links and I always thought spam was junk comments made by people who leave there url, Mark
Mark

cecille.l
Trust:
Spam links or spam posts are links and posts on blogs and forums that are not helpful in answering questions on the forums and blogs that they are posted in. They are usually general comments like "Good answer!" or "Thanks for sharing!" and then immediately followed by a link or anchor text that leads to another site. Most spam links and posts are easily identifiable, some look like valid answers until you search them on Google and they appear on other forums.

Backlinks from forums and blogs related to your website's niche is beneficial to your website's ranking. Always make sure that when you do post comments, they are helpful to other users and helps further the discussion/thread.

Hope that helps. :) Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

melovemoney
Trust:
Also you will not get penalized for comment spamming - although it's not something you should do. It's very annoying and it's not beneficial to anyone but yourself (if you're lucky). But it won't hurt you, because they wouldn't penalize you for that because your competitors would then be spamming the heck out of each other.
PremiumMember
sirmatts
Trust:
depends where you read about it but I asume it is in some sort of SEO forum. Its a strategy where you get good links pointing directly to your site from high quality sources. But The less valuable links mostly done with mass submission tools forum profile software or blog spamming tools pointing to feeder blogs or web 2.0 sites. This would strengthen the links from these feeder sites pointing to your money site. And since these links are not really pointing on your moneysite its nothing that really can't be discounted by the search engines. So its either what Cecille says or this specific tactic that is likely what you have been reading about :) And also I think any forum profile link created without leaving a few relevant comments in a forum is a spam link...
Best thing ever since sliced bread! Seriously this spinner is 20 Years ahead of TheBestSpinner. Get a Massive 70% Launch Discount ->http://www.inwrk.info/realbestspinner

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
When I look at blog commenting and forum posting both, I don' tlook at them as link building. although you get links, and they can help your SEO, I look at the direct benefits I get from that site. leaving one or two comments on a blog dont do you much good, but if you become a regular commentor, people will notice and visit your site. I have a list of about 20 blogs that I follow regularly and comment on. The more I comment, and the higher up the comments are in the post, the more traffic I get from them.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

mark schaaf
Trust:
Hay thanks everybody. It is funny what people say about many things. I have been making comments on blogs and forums and normally my comments are at least a paragraph most of the time much longer and this is why I never considered my comments as spam comments or my links as spam links.
Mark

This topic was started on Apr 28, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.