Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Pages Indexed, Then De-Indexed

kenc138
Trust:

Pages Indexed, Then De-Indexed

Hi everyone,

About a week ago I began submitting daily sitemaps to Google (whenever I made an update). After a few days, they indexed 7 pages.

Today I logged into Webmaster Tools and it said that 0 URLs were indexed. I thought maybe they slapped my site, but my PPC campaign was running solidly with good QS.

I did notice there were 2 crawl errors. The errors were triggered when the spider visited Wordpress pages that I deleted. How do I get G to stop crawling deleted pages? I thought they were...deleted!

Did they stop indexing (and de-index) my URLs because of this?

Thanks!
Ken
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Ken,
I think you will find that Google will drop the deleted pages when they crawl your site next.
You can go here for me info..
http://www.google.com/support/webmaster ... wer=164734

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

jcdean
Trust:
I don't think the deleted pages are cuaseing the problem. I think Google is just "quirky" with new sites. I have had sites pop on and of the the radar for days before they settle down for a permanant rank.
Respect,
JC Dean

kenc138
Trust:
Troy and JC

Thanks for the info and quick replies. I'll hang in there and wait to see what happens.

Regards,
Ken

This topic was started on Apr 28, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.