Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Not Popping up at all for my Keyword

heavysm
Trust:

Not Popping up at all for my Keyword

I have been waiting to pop up in rankings for one of my main keywords for a while now. It has never been ranked for this keyword. My page is optimized per affiloblueprint instruction for this keyword. When i first uploaded, I pinged it and wrote articles for about 10 distinct links that I now have counted in yahoo site explorer. Zero search results for this keyword about 2 months after i had first uploaded, about a month and a half after i had the articles for it show up as indexed. Confused about what to do in this case. I should at least show in the first 1000 search results but I don't. What am i doing wrong?
faradina
Trust:
I do not think that you are doing anything wrong at all. But I do believe that you need to do more backlinking as ten backlinks are not really enough. You may also want to review your articles and make sure that they have high quality and are highly relevant to your targeted keywords.
heavysm
Trust:
Ill just let you examine the page in question yourself to deem its quality.

"http://sonic-producer.us/make-beats-on-computer.php"

I have about 10 articles in queue for submission to some high pr blogs but I really want to make sure their impact will be felt.
Last edited by sydney on 13 Jan 11 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed broken link

unit
Trust:
Hey heavy,
I'm new to this as well, so I'm probably not the best one to judge anything, but if you had a gif. on that page it would look just like the one in our WOW training page. So great job in my eyes. We are all learning so I feel your pain.

If your anything like me your probably checking your rankings everyday (if not more) and it's so fustrating to see no results. Just do what I'm doing, keep followning the program for backlinks and believe in the fact that "if you build it they will come", lol
Discover the inside secrets of winning the lottery at www.masterluck.com

heavysm
Trust:
Alright. I spent about 4 hours going over the blueprint's intro to seo section and think i may have what i did wrong. One of the intro videos to seo explains that google needs to have a site's xml sitemap recognized. I did not have this detail fully tackled for my site, but im not entirely sure this is all thats wrong. How much can this affect my individual pages from ranking?
jcdean
Trust:
Site maps help google to find all of your pages, Not sure a site map will affect you SEO at all.

When you say pop-up to you mean on the first page? This will not happen quickly for most search terms.

Type your root damain into google with quotes. "yoursite.com" all your pages that google has indexed will come up. They may be on page 55 for your keyword though.

Use traffic travis to see the onsite Seo worthness of your pages / post and to judge how much off site work you are going to have to do to get top 10.
Respect,
JC Dean

heavysm
Trust:
Im actually talking about the first 1000 search results. Its frustrating me that i dont show up at all for it. My page got a B+ in the page analysis tool for traffic travis. Im thinking my keyword density may be off hindering me from getting an A for my page, but that cannot be the thing stopping my rankings completely. I honestly dont know what to do.
jcdean
Trust:
Have they been indexed at all?

Do these pages show up when you type your root domain in the google search bar with quotes?
It can take weeks for pages to show up in the serps, and hours sometimes.
I would just forge ahead and start link building. They will show up eventually. I am sure of it.

Why not post your URL, so we can check things out?
Respect,
JC Dean

heavysm
Trust:
Its posted above but here it is again:

http://sonic-producer.us/

I did a manual check just now for all my pages and all but the following page related keywords are indexed in google:

beat maker
beat maker software
make beats on computer (the one have been creating links for)
and a number of others.

Do I just continue to build links to these pages to get them indexed or should i concentrate on those keywords that are indexed to try to get those ranking?
jcdean
Trust:
Really nice looking site man,

I would start by building a few links to all the pages indexed or not.

It's a mystery as to how google works. All you pages will be indexed soon. When you start link building you will see them move up quickly in the serps.

Good luck man, I know you will have sales in no time.
Respect,
JC Dean

rosslaehn
Trust:
It seems OK here.

This topic was started on Nov 03, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.