Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

None of my newer backlinks are sticking, please help.

burkhardt5
Trust:

None of my newer backlinks are sticking, please help.

I last posted a question about one and a half months ago about my backlinks not being acknowledged by my backlink checker.https://www.affilorama.com/forum/seo/does-duplicate-content-penalty-apply-to-directories-comments-t8010.html
I know it's not the checker as I have been watching several other sites that are gaining links all the time and some of there links are identical to mine but mine don't show up or if they do they don't stay long. My original problem was that my site was showing x amount of backlinks from 26 different site, then after lots of site submiting it went up to x amount from 41 different sites then every few days it would drop, and it eventually settled back at 26. After getting great responses from my post I put together several site descriptions and prepared them thoroughly for spinning. After spinning they were at least 40% different which from what I have learned is fine. Since then I have submitted to at least 80 sites and was accepted by most of them. My backlink checker was showing x amount from 30-37 sites and every day it would go up and down. I now have at least 100-130 sites with active links to my site but over the past few days my backlink checker has once again settled back to the original x amount of links from 26 sites. I don't mean to ramble but I spend about 3 hours a day monday -friday working on this and sometimes 15+ hours on the weekend and it seems that the last 2+ months were a comlete waste of time. Is there a link that can show me details about what I may be doing wrong? I enjoy this new world of affiliate marketing and I will keep at it, but boy can it get frustrating. I was staying on the top of page 2 for a 4,400 per month search phrase and felt that I was doing well, my site is even a PR 2 and one of my internal pages a PR 1 but now I have droped to the middle of page three and can't seem to get any backlinks to stick to allow my to work my way up in the rankings again. Help please.

Never give up

Paul Burkhardt
http://www.superiorwowguide.com
Paul J. Burkhardt

faradina
Trust:
Well, site owners do have the option to remove links when it suits them and that happens a lot. They have their own reasons for removing external links. In other cases, the site may have been taken down, for one reason or another.

I myself have just taken down a blog which isn't doing well and on which the domain registration is about to expire; I have decided to let it go because it just is not worth the investment in time and money anymore. Because I took it down, the backlinks from it are also gone. I plan to take down a few more, or rather just let them die naturally (when the domain registration expires), and of course backlinks will die with them. It's sad for those sites to which they link back to, but they really have to go.

Hence the need for continual backlink building. You cannot always be sure that your backlinks will be there forever.
burkhardt5
Trust:
Thank you for your reply.
Sites being taken down makes perfect sense that you would lose your link but my links are still live and active, it's just that they are acknowledged for a few days only and then they seem to be ignored as if they don't exsist. And some of them are identical to other sites but mine don't seem to count. My site is a PR 2 site but it seems that the S.E.'s don't acknowledge links to it.
I'll keep at it and see if I can find a trend.
Thanks again
Paul Burkhardt
Paul J. Burkhardt

faradina
Trust:
If it's recognition from the SEs that you are looking for, that's actually chancy, specially on google. Although they know that your backlinks are there, they don't always show them when you do a backlink search. And when they show backlinks, they usually don't show them all.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Things change constantly with search engines. Last week google showed that i had 3k links to one of my sites, and this week they show that i have 120. I know that those links are still there, but they don't always show everything that you have. this is why i keep a spreadsheet that keeps tracks of the links I have built. this way I can keep track of it myself. it takes a little extra time while posting, and if you are doing mass submissions, it will make your head spin.

however, I usually do manual link building, and when I outsource, i usually go with someone who gives me a spreadsheet report that I can simply paste into my own spreadsheet.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

anonymous1
Trust:
Hi burkhardt5,

Is your link checker tool just configured to use Google only to check your backlinks, or other SE too?

Google is well known for "unreliable" backlink counting.

Try going to Yahoo siteexplorer.search.yahoo instead with Firefox and SeoQuake. (linkdomain:yourdomain.com -site:yourdomain.com)

The result shows you all your yahoo backlinks with all your sites internal links removed.

Cheers
burkhardt5
Trust:
Thanks everyone.
I guess that I didn't realize how tough backlink building was going to be.
Does any one have any lists of sites where backlinks are welcome to prevent wasting time on putting up links that are not going to stick anyway?
Paul J. Burkhardt

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
there are thousands of them... lol want to know not only where the needle in the haystack is, but where to find it?

The problem is, it is constantly changing. 13 months ago, squidoo was THE place to go. now because of the spammers, and problems that they have had, many people avoid them. they made so many rules, it is just too hard to work with their system.

check out http://www.go2web20.net/ for a huge list of social type sites. just check TOS and see, also look around to see if other marketers are using it. join the community and enjoy.

also www.hubpages.com is still great, just dont do more than 2 links per hub to one domain, and dont use spun content. they are pickya bout original only there, (at least 70% unique. )
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

This topic was started on Jul 05, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.