Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Newbie query - how does all in one plugin work

chants
Trust:

Newbie query - how does all in one plugin work

Hi

I have posted a similar query in another thread , and since Im hoping for an answer and havent had one yet , I'd like to ask again...

I understand that the information I fill out in the blog and the information in the all in one seo plugin have to be the same... but what I dont understand is whether the title in the all in one seo has to correspond to the title in the "general settings" or the title of the blog as its written in the post field.

Secondly... Does the description in the all in one seo have to correspond to the description in the general settings in the field " tagline "?

Thanks a lot if someone can help

Chantelle
essexboyracer
Trust:
Is this the Wordpress plugin? if so...

Chants wrote:title in the all in one seo has to correspond to the title in the "general settings" or the title of the blog as its written in the post field

No, make the title unique to the content that is in the post field

Chants wrote:Does the description in the all in one seo have to correspond to the description in the general settings in the field " tagline "?

No, make the description unique to the post, not to general settings.

I find that I leave all in one alone. In one of the blogs I manage that has over 800 posts, it doesn't require manually filling out this info
chants
Trust:
Thanks a lot

However I am still confused since this appears to contradict what I understood before... For example I understood that the description in all in one had to correspond to the tagline in general settings

Could I have some more feedback on this ?

Thanks

Chantelle
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Your question was already answered by James in this thread. Chantelle: Newbie confusion -How does all in one seo work ?

jmpruitt wrote:Hi Chantelle,

The info on the settings tab and in the All iN One SEO should be the same info. The All in one seo will override the defualt settings tab for your home page titile and description/tag line. The main title of your blog will be what shows up in search results for your home page, but it is also what will show up as the page title in the browser tabs.

the all in one plugin overrides what is entered in the Settings>>General tab when you set up the plugin. they basically serve the same function but the plugin takes over when you add it to your blog.

Make sure you fill out the info for your home page within the settings>> all in one plugin tab, so that it reads all of your home page information correctly.

On each post for your site, at the end of the post there will be a field to fill in all of your SEO meta information for that individual post. all of you SEO data for that specific post should be entered there for your posts to show the right info.

on each post you will have 3 fields

Title is your meta title, and should be the same as the post title. this is what will show in search results for your page title as well as in the browser tab when people open your posts.

Description - this is the meta description where you tell google what your page is relevant to. it should be one or two sentencese (less than 160 characters) describing what your post is about and include a soft call to action to read your post. this is what will show in search results, as well as on bookmarking sites, and other sites that you use for link building.

Keyword - probably the most worthless tag on a site, since many people use it to stuff keywords, however is still beneficial for rankings with Bing search, although Google ignores it. put one or two keywords here that you want to rank for but I would recommend no more than 2.

Please avoid creating multiple posts with the same question.

Locking this thread, thanks.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive