Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

New Page ranking #1 in google in 24hrs

nates450r
Trust:

New Page ranking #1 in google in 24hrs

Ok i have a quick question

I added a new review page to my website yesterday
the website niche is weight loss
the new page is called THEPRODUCTXYZREVIEW

Obviously i did all the the on page seo that i could
and the main keyword is THEPRODUCTXYZREVIEW

i launched the page somtime around 12 mid day yesterday and i woke up today (around 8am)
i ckecked my website stats and someone visited my PRODUCT XYZ REVIEW page

i clicked on the reffering url and there was my new page ranking #1 on google (US)

is this luck? i have no idea how it could be ranking so quick even if the visiter typed in THE PRODUCT XYZ REVIEW there are 421,000 website results for that same keyword.
nates450r
Trust:
sorry checked the reffering url again its ranking #2
jpastorizo
Trust:
Nates,

Did you check the keyword in Google in quotes - "The Product XYZ Review"?

Dont hold your breath. Since that is a new page I will assume that there are no backlinks yet.
If this is the case, you'd be lucky to have that page ranking in Google for 1 week.

Also, when you manually check your site's ranking in google make sure you are not signed in in your gmail/google account. I have observed that the results sometimes are very different when you are logged in one of your gmail accounts.

I hope you keep that ranking for a long time bro.

Regards,
Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

nates450r
Trust:
with qoutes around the keyword it ranks on the 4 page of google #37
jcdean
Trust:
Google customizes searches. There is a way to turn that feature off, but I forget how.

If you visit a site that is somewhat optimized for green widgets a lot and you do a search for green widgets google will show that site high in the ranking just for you for you. but not for everyone else.

Traffic Travis is a good way to know where your site actually is ranking.
Last edited by jcdean on 23 Apr 10 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Respect,
JC Dean

jpastorizo
Trust:
nates450r wrote:with qoutes around the keyword it ranks on the 4 page of google #37

What is the number sof competing pages if you type your keywords with quotes in Google?

nates450r
Trust:
it says 53,400
jpastorizo
Trust:
Only 53,400 competing pages when the keyword is typed in Google with quotes? Man you should dominate that keyword with little link building. Have you checked out the competing sites on the 1st page? Check out how strong they are so you know just how much effort you should do to be within the Top 3 consistently. You dont want to use a canon just to kill a mosquito cause it is overkill. The same goes with SEO...

Regards,
Renato

This topic was started on Apr 22, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.