Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Keyword Monthly Searches

shane houston
Trust:

Keyword Monthly Searches

If my whole list of 20 keywords has a difficulty rating of 4 stars what is the maximum amount of monthly searches I can have for the all the 20 keywords? Is it like a more the better or should I keep the number just over 5000?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
well, although more is better, the reason Mark showed how to target the lower search keywords is that they are easier to rank for. Rather than spending months trying to rank for one keyword with 2k monthly searches, you can spend a few weeks and get rankings on 5 or 6 keywords that each get 500 monthly searches. You get the same or more traffic with less time invested.

the higher search keywords will bring more traffic, but they will take longer to rank as well. What I usually do is target the low search keywords initially, and get a site ranking quickly. then, over time I will target higher search keywords, and spend more time to get them ranking highly.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

shane houston
Trust:
Thank you!!
paulie69
Trust:
Jim, thanks also from me, for even more of your wisdom and sharing. I'm a bit confused though, wasn't >= 1500 searches per month what Mark said (not 500)?

Best regards,
Paul.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
You need a total search count of 5,000 for all your keywords combined. So it's fine if some keywords are only 500 searches a month or 1,000 searches a month. As long as when the 20 keywords you choose are added together the combined search count is over 5,000.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

paulie69
Trust:
Thanks very much michellerana for help with my question! :
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
part of the confusion is that there are 2 different numbers given. in the kw research video, he said to look for 1500, but in the "choosing a sub niche" video he said the total up to 5000 monthly searches for all your keywords. two different methods.

I have been doing the low search keywords for about 8 months and using them, i spend a lot more time on my own sites and way less time building links.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

This topic was started on Oct 16, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.