Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Is this a good investment? .edu backlinks

marcovandaar
Trust:

Is this a good investment? .edu backlinks

Hello there.

Someone who calls himself a expert in .edu and .gov links gave me this offer :

- 25 .EDU + 3 GOV Do-follow backlinks
- 2 Links allowed (Home + 1 Inner page | 2 anchor text per URL)
- 2 Contextual Page (1 article with 3 Links)
- All links will be pinged to more than 120 Ping websites
- Detailed report with direct links to place where your link is located

Example : http://passion.edu/elearn/blog/index.php

Cost : $300 timeframe : 30 days

-----

It sounds good, but when I saw the price I was like whoaw.
It is an offer from elance, so i would probaly get the price a bit lower.

BUT is this really a good investment for my website?

I am now at the stage of adding articles to AMA and adding articles to EZA. And i would like to do some more backlinking now.

thanks,
marco
societygirl
Trust:
edu links are good prospects if your site has 50% academically well written material. If consists of fairly casual blurb , without an basic facts and industry material then its best to stick to seo. 300 USD is rather pricey. Try ask or google with just edu. links
marcovandaar
Trust:
Hmm, i have seen a video form mark ling when he's showing seo tacticts. And .edu links were one of them. So must be good i think.

In the meantime i get more proposals for this job i posted. with diffrent price variations.

Are there any other things where i need to be alert of with using .edu links?

how do i know if i really get good quality .edu links etc.

greetings
marco
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
marcovandaar wrote:how do i know if i really get good quality .edu links etc.

All dot edu domains are good quality links since only accredited post-secondary educational U.S. institutions are currently eligible to use .edu domains. It is managed under the authority of the United States Department of Commerce.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

marcovandaar
Trust:
But does it matter where the link comes from? so from the homepage or from another page of the site?

And i have been searching for more information about these .edu and .gov backlinks. And many say that it is just rubbisch , and that they dont add more value.

So i am a bit confused here
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
It will help your ranking as long as the link comes from a relevant site/page.
Michelle
Customer Support

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

marcovandaar
Trust:
Ok then. At this moment i have other priorities then spending money on outsourcing on .edu and .gov backlinks.

Is there any way how to find those kind of domains where i can get backlinks from all by my self?
Or perhaps you can give me a some tricks? It would be helpfull for many other affilorama members too.

cheers
marco
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Premium members can use the Trusted Sites Tool to get traffic from government and educational sites.

You could also watch this video made by Mark: How to Get Powerful .edu and .gov links to your website

Another option is to use the advanced search option in Google. Type in your niche in the "all these words:" box and .edu in the "Search within a site or domain:" box.
Michelle
Customer Support

marcovandaar
Trust:
Thanks michellerana.

This topic was started on May 05, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.