Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Is it possible to compete

mark schaaf
Trust:

Is it possible to compete

I have had my web site up for just over 6 months and have seen it slowly rise in search engine search from page 80 to into the top 10 but when I look at getting back links and taking advice from people on this forum things seem to work. But like so many I have no many to use for any of the sites that do a lot of thing for getting links and article submitting like rank builder which I just say on the webinar which looks great. But while looking at high rank blogs to post comments on and other sites I have been putting them into the link checker I use because it also shows the google page rank and have come across many blogs that were started in 2011 that have over 1000 back links already and a page rank of 4. Now I don't know if this site has a bunch of employees or if they are using something like rank builder or if blogs build links faster then a normal site because someone is adding to the blog every other day. So the question i guess is. How can someone like me compete with someone who has the money to use a product like Rank builder. Do I just keep doing what I am doing and keep building until I have the money for this kind of service or just keep going it alone.
Mark

jcdean
Trust:
Are you only targeting one Keyword?
Respect,
JC Dean

motoza
Trust:
Can you be a bit more specific in terms of how you're building links? It is possible to build a lot of links fast without spending a lot of money, but you may consider going the route of finding fewer, high PR links rather than 1000s of low PR links.

I've known websites that are PR2-4 and have less than 10 links to them!

- Carlos E, Motoza Marketing
Hi I'm Carlos from Motoza Marketing - Conversion Analysis, SEM, Email Marketing, Affiliate Management
www.motoza.com

meenukapoor
Trust:
i think so you can do some off page work but as a limit for you site
mark schaaf
Trust:
I am targeting many keywords and have links going to many pages. One thing that happened just the other day that I find odd is I found a new blog for me but it is about 10 years old, it has a pr of 7 I don't remember it being a blog where you fill out a profile page or not I will look later but I posted a nice long comment on an article and today when I went into TT to check backlings that site was listed with at least 8 backlinks. Now I don't understand it because I made one comment but I am glad there are there. Any idea on what might be going on with them.
Mark

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
mark schaaf wrote:I am targeting many keywords and have links going to many pages. One thing that happened just the other day that I find odd is I found a new blog for me but it is about 10 years old, it has a pr of 7 I don't remember it being a blog where you fill out a profile page or not I will look later but I posted a nice long comment on an article and today when I went into TT to check backlings that site was listed with at least 8 backlinks. Now I don't understand it because I made one comment but I am glad there are there. Any idea on what might be going on with them.

You can use the Traffic Travis Backlinks to Site tool or the Google Webmaster Tool to find if the backlinks came from the site where you posted your comment :)
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

This topic was started on Apr 11, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.