Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

html site - how to best add a blog in?

PremiumMember
pjjimbo
Trust:

html site - how to best add a blog in?

Hi, im optimising a static html site for SEO, and think a blog on the domain would be a good help.
Am I best to add a wordpress install to www.domain.com/blog/ as a new directory?

Or is there a better, more SEO friendly way?

Thanks!! James.
Do My Jobs - New Zealand's micro jobs portal - make money doing jobs or outsource your own tasks!

essexboyracer
Trust:
If you are just going to use it as a 'blog' then yes. If you are updating a statically served website, why dont you convert the whole site to wordpress (or better still a more dedicated CMS)
esolutions
Trust:
Hi,

The /blog way would work well. However, I would change the name of the directory to something other than /blog. Something that ties in with the keywords/topics you are targeting.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

jethro.aragon
Trust:
esolutions is definitely right about the directory name to be relevant to your keywords. If you think that you're happy with the site that you have right now and adding WordPress only as a blog platform is totally fine. But you might have problems with integrating the look and feel of your current site with WordPress. Converting the whole site using WordPress, as what essexboyracer said, might make everything easier for you in the long run.

Go to this page: Search Engine Optimization
this will give you very useful information about Search engine optimization. It might help you decide what to do with your current website.

Jethro
-Jethro-

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice.”

PremiumMember
pjjimbo
Trust:
thanks guys, I think I will be going for the wordpress install and keywording the blog directory title. Cheers!
Do My Jobs - New Zealand's micro jobs portal - make money doing jobs or outsource your own tasks!

This topic was started on Aug 17, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.