Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

How Important is a Webpage's Word Count?

ddenby
Trust:

How Important is a Webpage's Word Count?

When I run Traffic Travis reports, it always let's me know if I have less than 425 words on a page. How important is it to have 425 (or more) words on a page? All of my pages have between 200 - 375 words due to the page set-up, is this a big deal?
Last edited by michellerana on 02 Feb 10 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
The recommended number of words per article page is between 400-600. It is important that you provide good quality content for your visitors so that they would want to read more pages on your site. But if you could communicate your thought or idea with less than 400 words then you don't have to force yourself to write more words just to fulfill the word count standard.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

ddenby
Trust:
OK, thanks. But I'm not talking about articles, just simple web pages with information about products and services offered.
wollowra
Trust:
Try and put as much information as you possibly can on a page in that case.
That is all you can really do.
I would not worry about it though, in other words as long as you have some other pages with good quality content and 400 words then that is fine.
Google won't send bolts of lightning toward you... ( I don't think..lol )
But again, try to have over 350-400
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
The same number of words are recommended for review pages to provide a quality in depth review of the product for your visitors.

But I don't think you need to worry about word count if you're just going to list the products and services with a few information on your page. Just make sure that your page doesn't look "bare". Blank spaces at the bottom of your pages would look unappealing.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

This topic was started on Feb 01, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.