Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

How do I get my pages to rank?

affiliatedon
Trust:

How do I get my pages to rank?

Hey still trying to get my head around getting ranked.
Just checked my traffic travis stats and none of my pages rank or anything?
My site was finished about 4 months ago and I had about 4 articles published 70 times on ama 5 articles in ezine and 3 in other directories
But i cannot seem to get much traffic a couple of articles were on the first page and then disappeared for ever.
So recently I have submitted very long tail keyword phrases like 6 to 7 words!
So does it matter that these keywords are not the same as the ones on my site its the same subject matter but not the same keyword phrase just to bring people there?
Also how do you get your sites URL to show up for a keyword how does that happen?

Any help would be good.

Thanx
Last edited by ampie g on 24 Nov 09 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed title for seo purposes

faradina
Trust:
You'll have to build more backlinks by submitting more articles.
Also make sure that the content on your pages are of high quality and have high relevance to your keywords.
Google also likes content that is regularly updated.
And, of course, you may want to take a second look at your keywords.
affiliatedon
Trust:
Thanks Farida
but could you answer this question for me?
does it matter that these keywords are not the same as the ones on my site its the same subject matter but not the same keyword phrase just to bring people there?
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
affiliatedon wrote:does it matter that these keywords are not the same as the ones on my site its the same subject matter but not the same keyword phrase just to bring people there?

If your keywords are not relevant to the content on your site, then your site will not rank well in search engines.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

affiliatedon
Trust:
ok thanks
PremiumMember
strongfarmer
Trust:
Maybe your site has been sandboxed by Google, it can take up to 6 months to get out of the sandbox and get ranked. No one actually knows why some sites get sandboxed while others dont. I suggest you to continue building links, stop checking your stats and start on a new site.

This topic was started on Nov 24, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.