Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

High PR Backlinks - how aggressive can you be?

easyrider
Trust:

High PR Backlinks - how aggressive can you be?

Is it a bad idea to point high PR backlinks back to your site? I have a list of them, but I am worried that if I point more than a few directly to my site I will incur Google's "Unnatural Links Penalty". How aggressively can I go for my PR1 site that is just over a year old?

I suspect that just as it is a bad idea to point a lot of crappy links back to your site, it is also bad to point too many good links back to your site.

Furthermore, should I have no more than one link from each site to my site, or should I only be wary about more than one link from a particular site to an individual page on my site?

Would it be safer to just backlink my existing backlinks and get the indirect link juice back to my site?

And would Google penalise me if a whole lot of my existing backlinks suddenly jump in PR?

Finally, does Google analyse the backlinks to your backlinks? So would it be bad for me if a large proportion of my backlinks have backlinks from a only a relatively small number of sites that are in common with each other?
Greg

esolutions
Trust:
Hi,

I really think you're overanalyzing it. The thing that will hurt you more is having just one or two types of links, for example, all forum backlinks, or blog comments or something. Look for a good mix of all kinds of links, high and low PR while continuing to improve your site.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
anytime I am looking at links, I think more about how many visitors can this bring to my site? than what the PR is or how many links I have from that site already.

Focus on driving traffic to your site and building authority in your niche, and google rankings will eventually follow. you will also find that you don't rely on those rankings once you do get them which gives a huge sigh of releif in these constant algorithm changes.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

mark schaaf
Trust:
Most of the time I don't pay much attention to what the pr of the site is I look more at the page I am looking at on the site because that is what google is looking at because there really isn't an overall pr for a site since each page on the site will have it's own rank and often the highest PR in on the home page and how often can someone get a link from another sites home page.

I have posted things on pages that have zero page rank and many months later is is at PR 3 and have put comments on a PR 2 that is now a 4 or a 5. My thing is more about going after the long term links that may grow in PR. I have heard many people say a link is a link and google isn't really going to check them out but I still only go after links that are in my niche. I know some people who say one PR 5 is better then 50 PR 0 links but if your site is about baking a cake and your PR 5 link is from a site that sells and rates tools how good could the link be. I just keep trying to get links from good well written sites, it may take me a little longer to get them one at a time but they stay around longer and I think are better.
Mark

lilygreen289
Trust:
Hi,

I really think you're overanalyzing it. The thing that will hurt you more is having just one or two types of links, for example, all forum backlinks, or blog comments or something. Look for a good mix of all kinds of links, high and low PR while continuing to improve your site.
Hi,this is my site: http://iplaytheme.com/
There are many free wordpress themes for you download!
Thank you for visiting~

anil
Trust:
Is there an echo in here?!
vikassingal2002
Trust:
If you have PR 1 Site which is one year old, You need to dot your i's and cross your t's before jumping into link building ...You have to be care full as Google has been cracking down hard on unnatural link building work....so better build around 30-50 mix links in 30 days time and then let Google find them naturally....its the best way to move forward...
Some FREE Edu Links

stefan2
Trust:
So what you're saying vikassingal2002 that i can add 1 or 2 backlinks max per day? And what in case for periods when its quite busy, I dont add backlinks at all. But when there is little work i'm non-stop searching for backlinks and other SEO tricks. Is this also wrong?
Working hard on www.beddengoedonline.nl to give it a boost.

This topic was started on May 31, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.