Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Here's how to get your site indexed in Google

alvin
Trust:

Here's how to get your site indexed in Google

Here's a quick tip. I see some questions on getting your site indexed especially after you've prefilled your website with content. Here's a quick and sure way of doing it.

Use Google's Webmaster Tools.
http://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/siteoverview

Don't confuse this with the XML Sitemap, that's different. To use this tool, Google will require you upload a simple HTML file with a unique filename to verify your site.

Once that its uploaded, Google will validate and you can login and check as often as you like if your website has been indexed or not, including 404s, etc.

The sitemap option is also there, but its not necessary at this stage, just verifying your website will help Google index your website.

Hope this will be helpful.
PremiumMember
tyler
Trust:
thanks a lot!!
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Another easy way is to simply post on ANY blog and include a link back to your site.

Adrian,
alvin
Trust:
Sure, that'll work too. But I like that tool because Google tells me exactly when my site was indexed and if I have any 404s, etc. Its really helpful to have a list of websites each displaying when the last crawl was.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Interesting tool. I just add a link on one of my other sites that gets crawled and bingo, I'm in.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world