Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Help with Ezine Article Submission

sportakus
Trust:

Help with Ezine Article Submission

Hello everyone, I need your help. I decided to join EzineArticles and submit my first article two days ago. I have since had great success with the article. They moved me to expert author over night and it will be going out on their RSS feeds and their email alerts and it will appear on their high traffic home page. They have also offered to allow me to place a special button on my website showing I'm an expert author and it links to EzineArticles. Question is will this hurt my rankings if I place the button on my site. Mark has commented about not having reciprocal linking or linking to any other websites but it is also EzineArticles so I don't know. Any feed back would be great.
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Sport,
In my opinion I would go ahead and put the link on your site.
Reciprocal linking is not the best thing for SEO however we are talking about doing alot of links to have a negative affect.
1 link to Ezine articles is fine and quite frankly raises the authority of your site in the eyes of others.
Just on a side note..
There seems to be some negative stigma attached to linking out of 1 persons site to other sites.
Remember, if Google see you have 300 links coming in to your site and see zero links going out.. do you think that looks natural to them?
A few links going out to relevant sites can also do some good for your SEO.
Just make sure your reciprocal linking is kept to a bare minimum.
Make it look natural to Google.
Just my 2 cents.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

sportakus
Trust:
Thanks for the input! I would like to hear what others think? Mark, do you have an opinion on this or do any of your SEO guru's think its good or bad? Thanks
digiblue
Trust:
I do not think that it is good practice to put the link on the Website: 1. it is a reciprocal link and 2. you are giving visitors another way to leave your site that is unprofitable, you want them leaving via your affiliate links not to your Ezinearticle page!

I agree with Troy about linking out to an authority Website, but if your article marketing a lot with Ezinearticles I probably would not link back to them. Use technorati to find authority blogs or just use Google and find out what Websites consistently show up at the top of the searches for related keywords. This is how you would find authority sites to link to in your post.
wollowra
Trust:
Yep, that is why I said 1 link.
There is an article here about reciprocal linking.
http://www.ericward.com/bestpractices/2 ... rocal.html

To me a tiny bit of reciprocal linking looks natural to the SE's.. now that is just an opinion and not fact.
This is a good discussion though for people concerned about it.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on Mar 25, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.