Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Getting a D+ on Page Analysis with Traffic Travis

green6771
Trust:

Getting a D+ on Page Analysis with Traffic Travis

Hi there,

After watching the blog bootcamp, I have had articles written with the correct keyword density, used keywords in my links and have meta descriptions etc but when I use TT to analyse my page I get a D+. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong but am unsure what. Could it be that there are multiple posts on one page?? But then again, Marks seemed to work, so I'm not sure where the problem lies. Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Cheers,
Jesse
Last edited by michellerana on 15 Feb 10 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

PremiumMember
ampie g
Trust:
Hi Jesse, please send an email to [email protected] with your page URL and keyword and we'll check it for you.
green6771
Trust:
Thanks Ampie, will do when I get home after work. Much appreciated.

Cheers,
Jesse
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Could you please check if you have your keyword phrase in your meta tags, meta description, page title, H1 tag and in the first 50 words of your article and if it has at least 1% keyword density? These would give your page an A+ rating.

I saw a post from a member who had a similar problem and he was able to resolve it by waiting for the page to fully refresh so that the keywords would be in the right place.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

affilots
Trust:
I have tried the page analysis on many pages, including those from Mark Ling's site, and I have never gotten anything above D+. Try it on any page on the Internet and you will get a D or D+, so don't blame yourself.
PremiumMember
ampie g
Trust:
@Affilots I just used Traffic Travis today and got higher scores. If you email [email protected] with the URL and keywords, we can check why you're not getting anything other than D or D+.
stargate66
Trust:
I managed to get all my pages from a C+ and D's to A+ and I found out today that I have a PR10 with Yahoo!

What Michellerana said is the key. I also have the approach that one must use only one keyword phrase per website and optimize for that. A lot of websites and a lot of work, but effective.

I am sure Ampie will sort you out but if you still battle, do a post again and maybe I can assist.
For over all wellness you need a solid Omega 3 fatty acids intake
http://www.earth-edge.com

affilots
Trust:
Well, I just discovered why I kept getting a D and D+ for any page I tested. I never entered anything in the Keyword column, so Traffic Travis did not know what keyword the page was being tested for. Now it looks like I am an A+ student, just like XSitePro was telling me all along.
flyingfin
Trust:
Hi guys, sorry for bumping an old thread, but I have the same problem.
I have filled in the keywords for all my pages, have a decent density in the first third of each page, and the h1 tags all include the keyword, as does the page title. Traffic Travis still gives each page a D or a D+, claiming the following:

Should use the SEO phrase in the page title
H1 Headings bodybuilding abs workout
Should use the seo phrase at least once in the h1 tags

Also, the seo phrase line is empty in traffic travis, but when I check the source on the pages, it is clearly stated under the meta data.

Looking forward to some clarification from those of you who are more experienced!

With kind regards,
Fin
green6771
Trust:
Fin,
The mistake I made was asking TT to examine the URL of my homepage and not the URL of the individual homepage (eg "http://www.domainname.com/category/postname"

Anyway, that was my mistake. Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Jesse
green6771
Trust:
Sorry Fin, typo. Should have read individual page not individual homepage
flyingfin
Trust:
Green,

Thanks! I will check it out in a while when it's time for my daily IM tasks.

Cheers,
Fin
flyingfin
Trust:
Hey again,

Right, so I just click import from sitemap, and type in the site address, including the GoogleSitemap.xml at the end. That is the way to do it right? After adding the sitemap, all my pages are shown on the analysis tab, but they have D or D+ ratings still after I analyze them. Is there anything I am doing wrong? In AB they only talk about that part of the tool for a few seconds at the end of a video...

Cheers,
Fin
stargate66
Trust:
FlyingFin wrote:Hey again,

Right, so I just click import from sitemap, and type in the site address, including the GoogleSitemap.xml at the end. That is the way to do it right? After adding the sitemap, all my pages are shown on the analysis tab, but they have D or D+ ratings still after I analyze them. Is there anything I am doing wrong? In AB they only talk about that part of the tool for a few seconds at the end of a video...

Cheers,
Fin

Hi Fin

On the same page in TT where you are doing the page analysis, there is a "report" tab. If you click on the dropdown box, it will show the url of the page you are currently analyzing. Click on that and it will create a report for you that spells out exactly what you need to do to get the score up.
For over all wellness you need a solid Omega 3 fatty acids intake
http://www.earth-edge.com

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
they updated the tool since AB was made. check the reports and it will tell you what needs to be fixed on your pages.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

robinjackman
Trust:
great information sharing and thanks for that.
gilesy
Trust:
affilots wrote:Well, I just discovered why I kept getting a D and D+ for any page I tested. I never entered anything in the Keyword column, so Traffic Travis did not know what keyword the page was being tested for. Now it looks like I am an A+ student, just like XSitePro was telling me all along.

I did the exact same thing wrong! A+ now thank god... useful thread!
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
And just in case you ever find that you do have keywords entered in, but are still getting a D or D+, check the URL AND the keyword entered into TT for typos ;) (Probably the number 1 cause of problems!)

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

This topic was started on Feb 14, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.