Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Everyone should look at this site

mark schaaf
Trust:

Everyone should look at this site

I mentioned a site I saw on google about a month and a half age because the site was less than a year old and was on page 1 position 1 for a very competitive keyword and market. A few people said the site could be there because of something google was doing and sometimes because it was new it will show up there but it has been there for a month and a half now and I just can't understand why. I ran the home page through TT and it only gets a B. The site has no meta description no meta keywords although we know meta keywords don't mean much anymore. The site has no what I would call menu bar like most sites have and even has a page called sample page telling why they don't have an about up page, but it has a box filled with different size print listed as tags which takes you to different pages in the site none of which has a meta description. The site has less then 60 backlinks and page rank of 2 and is like I said on page 1 position 1 while the site in position 2 is a pr 5 with about 1500 backlinks. I have looked over this site many times and just can't understand for the life of my why this site is here. I would like everyone to check out this site and even more so people like Mark Ling who has great success with this stuff because this site doesn't follow all the things that we all are told need to be done to get to this position. Is this some new kind of SEO not having a menu and just having a hodge podge of words in a box acting like a menu. Because if it is then we all need to know how it works and how to do it.
Mark

jpastorizo
Trust:
What is the URL of the site Mark?
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

mark schaaf
Trust:
wow I really feel like a dope I could swear I put in the url when I posted the note but it is http://www.acaffeitalia.com/. One thing that is very odd when I was checking if I had gotten any answers to this post I was checking on my laptop and typed into google italian travel which is where it shows up on page 1 position 1 but when checking it on my lap top it doesn't show up so I turned on my desk top went into google lest then 2 minutes later and there it is. I have no idea why it shows up page 1position 1 on the desk top but not on the desk top, They are both running windows 7 and I don't have google chrome on either.
Mark

jpastorizo
Trust:
were you logged in on either your laptop or desktop?

I will check it later today and let you know my opinion.

Regards,
Jon

chettvq24
Trust:
You may be getting personalized results. Try using scroogle.org , then go to scroogle scraper and see if it still comes up number 1. I could not see it ranking for Italian Travel.
jpastorizo
Trust:
Mark,

I ran this site through SEMRush and here is what I got:
KEYWORD Google Rank
cafe italia 19
caffe italia 5
bargain holiday package 14
cheap holiday italy 7
cheap holidays in italy 6
caffeitalia 7
cafee italia 18
holiday discount vouchers 5
food italy is famous for 15
cheap holiday to rome 16
-----------------------------------------------------------
What's interesting though is that the site is only 2 months old and already PR2 with less than 10 posts.

Regards,
Jon

mark schaaf
Trust:
Thanks Jon but I have no idea what any of that stuff means because I don't know what Sem rush is.
Mark

jpastorizo
Trust:
Mark,

SEMRush http://www.semrush.com/ is just an online tool to determine the rankings of a particular URL. It will show you the ranking of the URL for a particular keyword. The data I posted is for acaffeitalia. Those are the keywords and rankings for those keywords that the site has in Google US. It is not ranking for Italian Travel at all.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jon

umairaziz79
Trust:
very nice post i learn a lot by this
thanx
mark schaaf
Trust:
Hi Jon, the only thing I can think is there must be something with my version of google I must have loaded google chrome and if I can remember correctly I didn't want chrome and stopped it while it was loading because when I go into google on my desktop and put in the site above it has been on page 1 for months. but if I do the same thing on my laptop the same site isn't on the top 5 pages and after that I didn't look, anyhow thanks for looking the site over. Mark
Mark

esolutions
Trust:
umairaziz79 wrote:very nice post i learn a lot by this
thanx

I'm sure you did!
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

esolutions
Trust:
Hi Mark,

The site does not rank on the first page of Google for italian travel. Like others have mentioned, it must be personalized results.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

mark schaaf
Trust:
Ok, I have never heard about personalized results, how do I stop them so i get normal results, Mark
Mark

chettvq24
Trust:
Make sure you are signed out of google if you have a gmail account for example. Then clear your cache:
http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache
follow the instructions for your browser.
The program cleaner can also be used to clear you cache and history.
Now it should give you the correct results.
You can also use a proxy to make sure you don't get personalized results.

Using scroogle.org > scroogle scraper is also another way to help you avoid personalized search.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
After making sure you are not logged into Google, you could click the 'Go to Google.com' link at the bottom of the screen or use this link: http://www.google.com/ncr
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

burkhardt5
Trust:
Hey Mark

If your using windows 7, you should be able to simply open a new tab and then click in the middle of the screen where it says "Open an InPrivate Browsing window". This will open a browser page with no history,cookies or memory of any kind which will give you real search results.

Never Give Up!!!
Paul
Paul J. Burkhardt

mark schaaf
Trust:
Well guys I am not sure what happened to the site I was telling you about but is no longer shows up on page 1 of google and after checking the top 5 pages it isn't there anymore either. i still have no idea why it was there for months but I didn't feel the need to see how far back it was now. I still wish I knew why it was there for so long. Thanks Mark
Mark

markshah2
Trust:
In todays market , e-Commerce is the major thing. There are so many things which could happen because of the commercial effect of internet.

This topic was started on Nov 06, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.