Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Domain forwarding or parking?

service
Trust:

Domain forwarding or parking?

I am wondering is there any difference in Google's eyes or google's indexing
if I forward a domain to another site, or park a domain at another site.
I ask as I have a few EMD's I purchased and I have forwarded a few of them
permanently, and if I search for data about them, it seems as google doesn't
even know about them, so they seem worthless. So if I park them is there
any difference?
I know it may be better to at least put a basic wordpress page on these sites,
but this all takes time and unless you do a good job, this may be
just as usless.
Any ideas out there on this topic?
Thanks
mm
mark schaaf
Trust:
not exactly what you mean by forwarding, do you mean doing a re direct, if that is what you mean I don't know why you wouldn't want to re direct if you are sending people to the page you want them to and the site's you are re directing are still getting traffic. I really don't know what parking is because if you have a site up and running it is still there doing what it does, the only thing you could do is to turn it off delete the site from being seen.
Mark

service
Trust:
hello Mark, thanks for the reply. Forwarding or redirecting is the same, and i think parking is also the same, not sure that is why i asked.

I am also wondering if redirecting a domain name is not beneficial to google indexing. Like if a domain is redirected does google still know it is there or is it irrelevant.

As i said, i have purchased some EMD for my normal daily business(not affiliate, although i wonder if the same works for affiliate) and would it be better in google's eyes to put a basic WP page on these EMDs with redirect links on the page, instead of just redirecting the domain, if you know what i mean, or am i asking an impossible question
thanks
mm
mark schaaf
Trust:
I think as long as the original site is getting free traffic from a search and you want to redirect it to another site that I would do that because you might not get that traffic to the site you are sending it to without original site being found.
Mark

service
Trust:
ok, thanks for your advise Mark, i will continue on
esolutions
Trust:
Hi,

A redirected domain will lose rank in the search engines (assuming it had any in the first place) as it contains nothing itself, even in the case of exact match domains.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

service
Trust:
Hello esolutions,
Thanks for the reply, yes that is what i thought as i have done a re-direct fo two domains, and if i do an 'info' search, then google tells me it does not know them at all.
Is there any difference between a permanent redirect and a temporary re-direct?
and would it be better in google's eyes to put a basic WP page on these EMDs with redirect links on the page, instead of just redirecting the domain.
Thanks
mm

This topic was started on Feb 02, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.