Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Backlinks gone mad, help?

fuzzyhead
Trust:

Backlinks gone mad, help?

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can tell me if I need to be worried or not?

I've been steadily building backlinks to my site, Yahoo was picking up an average 10 per day but over the last couple of weeks my backlinks rate has gone nuts!

Two weeks ago I had just over 100 but now it's 1,097!!! Using Traffic Travis it seems two German sites, both blogs, are throwing out around 60 backlinks, mostly no-follows, to my site per day!?! Should I be concerned or happy?

Not sure if this forum allows links in posts but the sites are: deedee.brainstream (.net) & blog.gutek (.pl). When I follow one of the link url's & can never see any links on the page (doesn't help that it's all in German) but Yahoo is picking them up at an alarming rate.

I do add posts to my site blog everyday & submit them to a few rss directories but how does one post per day result in 60 backlinks from two sites, day after day?

Sorry if I'm missing the obvious, still pretty new & just getting my head round backlinking & need to sort this out because at this rate, in a months time, my site will have close to 3,000 backlinks & I'm concerned it will be viewed as spammy by Google.

Thanks for any help.
slvrsrfr
Trust:
As long as you're not linking back to the sites you've mentioned you should be okay.

Nothing you can do about it, and Google knows that.
sonitin
Trust:
happens.. don't worry too much about it and focus on spreading the links on other sites, it will work out for sure.
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

fuzzyhead
Trust:
Cool, thanks for the help.

Just one more quick question, don't think this is possible but hey, worth asking:

Just did a backlink check with Traffic Travis & over 800 no-follow links are coming from that deedee site. It seems every time he creates post there's a link back to my site, regardless whether or not I've done a post & submitted it to rss directories.

Over two thirds of all my backlinks are from this site, all no-follow, is there absolutely nothing I can do about it? It's just that every time I check my links it's becoming a pain filtering out all his links & really slowing down Traffic Travis.

Thanks again for any help.

This topic was started on Jul 03, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.