Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Authority

mark schaaf
Trust:

Authority

We are always looking for good links from high PR sites and are also told to look for authority sites as well but I would like to know if there is a place to find out what a sites authority number is. I know in TT it says what some of the authority is of the sites that are linking to our sites are but I would like to know what the authority of my site is. Is there a place to find out what my authority is. I have looked a little but I can't find anything so far. Any ideas where to look. Mark
Mark

newstart
Trust:
Mark,
I am not sure this will answer your question.

I use SEO QUAKE to determine PR of a page that I am on. A website becomes an authority site when it has grown to the level that the information contained within the site is all-inclusive. Meaning the site information is able to answer multiple questions the site user customarily has when researching that particular niche. The page rank given by Google indicates that Google has developed confidence in that specific page.

I do not know of any software or analytics site that ranks authority levels. However the PR rank is calculated on a wide variety of components. A site that has become an authority in their niche will display many of the components that Google rates to determine page rank.

I hope this information is helpful.

Margene
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
I also have no information on tools that could measure the authority of a site. You could get a good general overview of what authority sites are from this interview with Peter Lenkefi.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

rose1
Trust:
I am using seomoz bar to check high authority sites.
mark schaaf
Trust:
I use TT 4 and on the dashboard page under the top 5 backlinks listed it show the authority of the site. Some say 78.55 and some say 35.66 and others in that range. I have also heard things to the effect that page authority is based on 100 points and I have seen some in the 80s and 90s but I can't remember where I saw them or how I found it. I know it is not the same as PR but it is something else that they use to determine where a site should be in search results. To me it would be like having 2 PR 8 sites and both are news sites one is NBC and the other is jungle bobs news. Both may be great news companies and both have PR 8's but one has more authority and if you had to only go on it based on a name I would go with NBC just because it sounds more credible . Maybe it has an authority number of 95 and the other guys have an 80 which would put NBC at the top. So I am still curious as to where you could find where we could check our own sites authority. Thanks Mark
Mark

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
TTV4's page authority is SEOmoz version of Google PageRank. It is largely determined by the quantity of your incoming links.

For more information on page authority, please go to this page: What is Page Authority?
Michelle
Customer Support

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

mark schaaf
Trust:
Thanks but i know what page authority is I want to find out what the page authority of my sites pages are and can't seem to find a place to look it up.
Mark

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
What you can do is type in the URL of the pages where you posted your backlinks into Open Site Explorer. It will display your page and domain authority.
Michelle
Customer Support

johnsonmick76
Trust:
Do you mean Authority Links like edu and gov backlinks?
yoginisharma77
Trust:
Links from Authority sites like EDU and GOV are always have high values than normal TLD.
mooresanyo
Trust:
yoginisharma77 wrote:Links from Authority sites like EDU and GOV are always have high values than normal TLD.

So how do I find these Authority sites?
monikabedi61
Trust:
I thought all the top TLDS were same in the beginning but now I see authority sites like EDU and GOV has more weight. I had hired few people to do this but saw really great results. But I don't know how they find them.

This topic was started on Nov 16, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.