Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

AMAutomation and My Site

kurtw56
Trust:

AMAutomation and My Site

I signed up for AMA and it turns out you need to have your site set to blog. This requires changing the settings in my wordpress site. I don't get how this works and how my site will change. I don't want to blog, but in order to use AMA it looks as if I have to set my site up to do that. Does somebody have time to explain AMA for dummies?

I'm also not clear on the use of the spinning tool, is it just used to check and see if you did the spin okay, or what?

Kurtw
jpastorizo
Trust:
Kurtw,

I am new to AMA and have been a member for about 6 days. You don't need your site to be a blog if you only need to create backlinks to your website. However, if you want to have content to be added to your site for free then you need to have your site with the public API that AMA uses to be able to post the content to your site. The easiest way to do this is to have a site that runs on a blog platform. There are two things that can be achieved in using AMA.
1. Site owners who need fresh content
2. Site owners building backlinks.

Which of these 2 are you? If you are included on group 1 then you have to set your site as I explained above. If you are only in need to build backlinks to your site then you dont need to submit your site url to AMA. What you need to do is just submit articles to AMA with the anchor text you want and the url embedded in the anchor texts. It would be best for you to watch the video tutorials as they are short and very simple to understand.

Good luck,
Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

kurtw56
Trust:
Jpastorizo

thanks for the info. When I joined AMA, during set up I got a message in step 2 and I couldn't go on. the message was...Something wrong happened while retrieving the site's categories. The site returned: XML -RPC services are disabled on this blog. An admin user can enable them at Http://leanphysiquesecrets.com/wp-admin ... riting.php.
I figured out how to turn that on and did. When I emailed AMA with the same question I got this response.....Hello Kurt,

You will need to have a BLOG set up on your site so the articles have an area to post.

By what I can see your site is not set up to do what you are requiring.

Hope this helps J

...I don't want to blog I want to get back links. I've submitted one spun article and I can't tell what the hell is going on. I don't know if I am wasting my time or if I still need to do something to my site in order to use AMA.

kurtw
Last edited by ampie g on 21 Jan 10 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated link

adventur
Trust:
You signed up as someone who wants to have AMA articles displayed on their site (so they can sell ads and such and make money that way.) That is why the domain has to be set to blog - you give them the login (not admin) so they can post.)
I think you can sign up with the same domain for spinning but then you need to make sure they don't post your articles on your domain - that could cause problems.
Check with their help desk and make sure they understand you are interested in the spinning side of their site.
Tom
http://relationshipadvicesecrets.com/
My first affiliate site was http://www.adventur.com/ back in 1996. Not SEO'd but worked great when I had 100,000 keywords for a penny a piece. Most were ranked #1.

jpastorizo
Trust:
Kurt,

If you are a free member then you have signed up to have content posted on you website and that means you have to have your site set up as a blog. If you are a paid member you can add your site to receive content and you can build backlinks by submitting spun articles which has your anchor texts pointing to your site.

Renato

kurtw56
Trust:
Thanks,

As far as I know I am signed up as a paid member, and in my email back to them I told them I only wanted to spin articles, but I've got no reply.

Kurt
jpastorizo
Trust:
Hmm..You can probably ask the held of Affilorama staff cause I know that Marc Lindsey is a friend of Mark Ling.

Renato

faradina
Trust:
Kurt, you don't want to add your site to AMAutomation because adding your site means that they will send you articles that have been submitted by others. These articles have their links in them, which means that if you publish those articles on your site, people will be drawn away from your site to their sites. We don't go to AMAutomation to receive articles; what we want is to submit articles. So go on ahead and delete your site from "http://www.articlemarketingautomation.com/sites/index" (you need to be logged in to AMAutomation to do that) and then go to "http://www.articlemarketingautomation.com/articles/add/" to spin your articles.
Last edited by sydney on 29 Mar 11 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed broken link

This topic was started on Jun 29, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.