Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

According to Google Analytics I had no traffic in 2 days

PremiumMember
cdidcott
Trust:

According to Google Analytics I had no traffic in 2 days

According to Google Analytics I received no traffic for the past 2 days.

I had been getting a small but dependable number of hits daily, for some time now. I checked my best performing keyword on Google and it had gone "up" 3 places to 9th (1st page) so that should have made a big difference in my favour.

Prior to losing all my traffic I uploaded a new site map, I made it myself and don't see how it could affect my stats, but it's the only thing I've changed recently.

I had noticed quite a number of unlikely stats from Google in the past, I'm hoping this is just another glitch......Is there another program like Google analytics available?

Colin
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
Have you checked the stats via your server's control panel?

Promo
PremiumMember
cdidcott
Trust:
Oh dear, how sad, I wasn't aware of that function.

I've just set it up, it takes a while apparently, so I guess I'll check it out later.

I'll let you know if it comes up with anything.

Thanks PC
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
cdidcott wrote:Is there another program like Google analytics available?

Colin

Statcounter.com

Adrian,
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
I doubt that uploading a site map will have had any effect on your traffic. If you site is still showing up in the search engines then I'd just put it down to a glitch with Google. Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

elmo033057
Trust:
1. Offering free stuff

2. Emailing opt-in customers

3. Posting articles and thoughts to alot of blogs!

Hope this gives you some ideas that really work!

God Bless & Flame-On!

ELMO :mrgreen:
P.S. I use Statcounter every day
Mark Ellis a.k.a. "ELMO" Owner Ellistrations http://www.ellistrations.com

PremiumMember
cdidcott
Trust:
Normal service has resumed, I'm sure I did nothing to rectify the problem, so I guess it must have been a Google glitch.

One thing that does bother me, my adsense account showed up nothing for a few days also; not even impressions. Fortunately it doesn't amount to big bucks (yet). I just can't believe my keywords weren't being searched for during that time. But whatever!!!

Next time it happens I'll annoy the Google people :evil:
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Yeah, google does some strange things from time to time, you just have to get used to it :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world