Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Would you recommend PPC and viral videos?

affilly
Posts: 32
Joined: 26 Jan 07
Trust:

Would you recommend PPC and viral videos?

Hi Mark,

I was talking with a friend of mine named Steve Holdaway. He is a Google Adwords Professional and he uses adwords as his only source of traffic and he is doing pretty well from it. I think Adwords is the fastest way to generate commisions rather than building a site which may take 1-2 years to mature. Below is a spanshot of his income earnings:

Image

Would you recommend starting with PPC? I also was looking at creating some viral videos to put on places like Youtube and Google Video then at the end of the video redirect customers to my URL which has a redirect on the index page to an affiliate sites landing page. Would you recommend this?
  • 1
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Posts: 1369
Joined: 17 Jun 06
Trust:
Kind of looks like my clickbank account :lol:


You need a good amount of cash to start on PPC with.... you will also need to know some web design because you can't go on with just using the merchant's URL etc....

There are many ways to victory - choose the one that fits you.

Adrian,
  • 1
affilly
Posts: 32
Joined: 26 Jan 07
Trust:
Hi Adrain,

Thanks for the reply. How much do you need to start with PPC? Is $2000 enough. What methods do you use to make your clickbank account bulge at the seems like steve's does. Your help would be most appreciated.

I am going to get to this level with your help, Seans and Marks.

Kind Regards
Cheryl
  • 1
affilly
Posts: 32
Joined: 26 Jan 07
Trust:
Sorry I forgot to write this in my last post. But I am pretty handy with web design that is not a problem at all. Would you recommend I setup a seperate landing page with my own newsletter and autoresponder. What do you do Adrian? I am very kean to learn and I will apply everything I learn :-)
  • 1
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Posts: 1369
Joined: 17 Jun 06
Trust:
affilly wrote:Sorry I forgot to write this in my last post. But I am pretty handy with web design that is not a problem at all. Would you recommend I setup a seperate landing page with my own newsletter and autoresponder. What do you do Adrian? I am very kean to learn and I will apply everything I learn :-)


Lots o' pressure... haha

I don't want to lead you astray... I was just kidding about my Clickbank account looking like that.......... yet anyways. Your friend has a head start on me :)

I would say $4,000 is a great amount to really head into PPC with... not just for testing or dabbling but to start your business with. Whether you do PPC or SEO, they will both take time to master.... Coming from experience....

I prefer SEO but that is just me. I suggest having a think of whether you want to establish a really profitable business for the long term, or rely solely on the changing Adwords interface.... remember... you could always do both at a certain point in time as well.

Adrian,
  • 1
Site Admin
markling
Posts: 2488
Joined: 13 Jun 06
Trust:
It's very possible to get a similar screencap to that, but what the screencap doesn't tell you is how much this friend of yours is SPENDING on Adwords to get those figures. Depending on how well he's worked his campaign, he could be spending $1000 on clicks to earn that $4282, or he could be spending $4000 to earn that $4282. These screencaps look very appealing at the outset, but you have to realize that you need the money to pay for clicks before you'll see the big revenues.

I did an audio blog post sort of related to this subject a while ago:
http://www.affilorama.com/blog/10/how-t ... -answered/

The basic gist is that yes, Adwords is a quick way to start earning affiliate commissions, but you need at least a couple of thousand dollars to invest in it to begin with. You'll also inevitably need to build a website with some content, otherwise you'll be hit with super-high minimum cost per click. One option is to send your clicks directly to the merchant site, but that has limitations because Google don't really allow more than one ad to point to the same site on each page.

Typically, you're much more likely to earn good revenue from PPC if you can set up a really good landing page / review page, and have that promoting affiliate products. This still requires time and effort to create, and to get a good quality score which will give you lower minimum bids. Also, to start earning those big dollars you're going to spend a bit of time earning enough to be spending enough to make the big dollars. Do you see what I mean?

It sounds easy at the start, but it's about the same amount of work at the end. In the case of PPC what you're paying for is more immediate results and less work to get the traffic to your site.

As for using Youtube and Google Video to redirect... both of these sites (actually they're pretty much one these days) encode your videos themselves, so it's not really possible to add a redirect at the end. If the videos are on your own site it is possible to redirect at the end, but at the moment it doesn't look like you can do it through these networks.

Hope that helps,
Mark
  • 1
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium
 
affilly
Posts: 32
Joined: 26 Jan 07
Trust:
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the quick reply. My friend Steve gave me a screenshot of his campaign:

Image

He said he was making a profit of around $18 per sale and was spending $23749 US on ads per month. He uses both the search and content network.

As for the Google / Youtube method. What I meant was adding some text in the actual video that says something like "If you want to learn guitar like this guy" or whaterver go to http://www.blahblah.com and the actual website. Which in this case is www.blahblah.com actually automatically redirects to http://enzo2602.jamorama.hop.clickbank.net/.

Some guitar videos on Youtube have been viewed up to 13 million times. This is I'm guessing targeted traffic otherwise they wouldn't be watching a video about guitar right? So why not just place a redirect like I explained in the paragraph above.

Heck, if 0.01% bought you would still do pretty well out of it. You could rip the videos of Google or Youtube using a ripping program. Edit them in your movie editing program and load them back up on Youtube and just wait for them to be passed around. Kind of like a modern day viral ebook. :lol:

What are your thougths on this?
  • 1
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Posts: 1369
Joined: 17 Jun 06
Trust:
affilly wrote:Hi Mark,

Thanks for the quick reply. My friend Steve gave me a screenshot of his campaign:

Image

He said he was making a profit of around $18 per sale and was spending $23749 US on ads per month. He uses both the search and content network.

As for the Google / Youtube method. What I meant was adding some text in the actual video that says something like "If you want to learn guitar like this guy" or whaterver go to http://www.blahblah.com and the actual website. Which in this case is www.blahblah.com actually automatically redirects to http://enzo2602.jamorama.hop.clickbank.net/.

Some guitar videos on Youtube have been viewed up to 13 million times. This is I'm guessing targeted traffic otherwise they wouldn't be watching a video about guitar right? So why not just place a redirect like I explained in the paragraph above.

Heck, if 0.01% bought you would still do pretty well out of it. You could rip the videos of Google or Youtube using a ripping program. Edit them in your movie editing program and load them back up on Youtube and just wait for them to be passed around. Kind of like a modern day viral ebook. :lol:

What are your thougths on this?


Yes it could work... although I wouldn't take someone elses video.

Adrian,
  • 1
affilly
Posts: 32
Joined: 26 Jan 07
Trust:
Hi Mark,

I listened to your audio blog. I have a budget of $2000 that I want to use it to spend on PPC and I am going to create a review website with some content like you explained to do. I think I might ad audio reviews as well as content reviews to the site.

I have the initial goal to get to $50 USD profit per day (2x sales of jamorama) and then work up from there. Do you think this is possible within the first week?

I am also going to be starting my own site like explained in the 90 day plan but just to see some mmediate results and keep me motivated I think I will start with PPC as I try to forcus on my long term result in the SERPS with my 90 Day Plan project

Kind Regards
Cheryl
  • 1
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Posts: 1369
Joined: 17 Jun 06
Trust:
affilly wrote:Hi Mark,

I listened to your audio blog. I have a budget of $2000 that I want to use it to spend on PPC and I am going to create a review website with some content like you explained to do. I think I might ad audio reviews as well as content reviews to the site.

I have the initial goal to get to $50 USD profit per day (2x sales of jamorama) and then work up from there. Do you think this is possible within the first week?

I am also going to be starting my own site like explained in the 90 day plan but just to see some mmediate results and keep me motivated I think I will start with PPC as I try to forcus on my long term result in the SERPS with my 90 Day Plan project

Kind Regards
Cheryl


It sounds like you have the energy to keep things moving along. I wouldn't get discouraged though if things do not work out right away. It's taken me 6-7 years and I am finally taking off with it. Use your money wisely on PPC :D

Adrian,
  • 1
affilly
Posts: 32
Joined: 26 Jan 07
Trust:
Hi Adrian

Do you use PPC?
  • 1
PremiumMember
sean06
Posts: 1377
Joined: 16 Jun 06
Trust:
Cheryl, is this friend of yours a real friend in the real world, or someone who you have come across online? Is he helping you out or just trying to sell you the latest wonder ebook?
  • 1
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world
 
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Posts: 1369
Joined: 17 Jun 06
Trust:
affilly wrote:Hi Adrian

Do you use PPC?


Not at the moment. I am all SEO - got to go with what you like :D

Adrian,
  • 1
affilly
Posts: 32
Joined: 26 Jan 07
Trust:
Hi Sean,

This is a real friend in the real world. His name is Steve Holdaway. He is a qualified adwords professional and knows adwords back to front. I chat with him all the time.
  • 1
Site Admin
markling
Posts: 2488
Joined: 13 Jun 06
Trust:
Hi Mark,

I listened to your audio blog. I have a budget of $2000 that I want to use it to spend on PPC and I am going to create a review website with some content like you explained to do. I think I might ad audio reviews as well as content reviews to the site.

I have the initial goal to get to $50 USD profit per day (2x sales of jamorama) and then work up from there. Do you think this is possible within the first week?

I am also going to be starting my own site like explained in the 90 day plan but just to see some mmediate results and keep me motivated I think I will start with PPC as I try to forcus on my long term result in the SERPS with my 90 Day Plan project

Kind Regards
Cheryl


PPC is great for sure, I make thousands a day from it, and know many others who do too.

But to answer your question of making $50 a day within 1 week. I've never seen anyone pick up ppc and not run into teething problems. That's not to say it can't be done, but it can take a few weeks with any campaign to figure out what keywords are profitable, even when you know the profitable keywords, you may not know how much to bid per click.

You have to make a good landing page and write good ads. The more experience you get the better feel you'll get at writing those. That's not to say you can't do all that perfect from the word go, but from my experience teaching others, there is usually a bit of a teething period.

Also remember, your cookie stays active for a large number of days. People may buy after a week or more, and then you get the credit for the sale. So you don't even know your true profit rate from a campaign for at least a few weeks if not a couple of months.

Also advertisers who have been advertising on a keyword phrase for a couple of months tend to get it slightly cheaper than those who are just testing the water.

Hope that helps!

Mark
  • 1
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium
 
Site Admin
markling
Posts: 2488
Joined: 13 Jun 06
Trust:
I found out who steven hold is. He owns dvd copy pro.

I used to be an affiliate of that, years ago. Then all of a sudden, when i was making about $1k a week in commissions, he just stopped paying me. He wouldn't respond to any of my emails or postal mails and just ripped me off outright. I had great positions in the search engines promoting him, was a real waste.

Now he is selling that product through clickbank, so I guess he can't rip affiliates off now, but I don't trust him.

Then again, sometimes people change.

Here is another shot of his stats:
(broken link removed)
It shows all his sales were for DVD copy pro (publication id is stevenhold).

eg visit savemarria.stevenhold.hop.clickbank.net to see his site.

I'm not saying he's doing anything wrong, I don't know the guy (although I don't like how he ripped me off about 5 years ago), just giving more info here.

regards,
Mark
  • 1
Last edited by ampie g on 26 Jan 10 3:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: broken link removed
 

Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium
 
PremiumMember
sean06
Posts: 1377
Joined: 16 Jun 06
Trust:
I was about to post the same thing. I remember this site being discussed in the WA forum ages ago. I've never had any dealings with him at all, so I'm not saying hes good or bad.

Cheryl, is this guy teaching you how to go about using adwords or is he just flashing his CB screenshots at you? Surely if he is a real friend he'd be helping you out?
  • 1
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world
 
affilly
Posts: 32
Joined: 26 Jan 07
Trust:
Hi Sean and Mark,

I met Steven Holdaway through a marketing chat room. I have chatted with him a bit and I really just ask him about some adwords pointers.

Thanks Mark for pointing out his dishonest side to me. It's funny how people change and once again thanks for warning me about this guy. He seemed like a nice enough type of person. He always helps (just like you guys do :-) ) and always seems pretty honest.

I guess sometimes you just can't tell with some people. Sorry to hear about him ripping you off like that Mark. That's very unfortunate. As I said I have only known him a short time and don't have a great deal to do with him. I just chat with him every now and again.
  • 1
affilly
Posts: 32
Joined: 26 Jan 07
Trust:
Hi Guys,

I was setting up an adwords campaign and I was wondering if you find the sponsored links at the top of the page to be more effective than the standard google ads down the side of the page. I was looking at a study done by some marketers about where potential googlers look when they use the Google Search engine. You can see it desplayed below.

Image

Mark, if you have had any success with using sponsored links opposed to standard google ads. Your wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Also are sponsored links more expensive than standard google ads down th right of the search engine. If you have found sponsored links to be more effective in terms of ROI could you outline how to set them up in the google adwords account

Kind Regards
Cheryl
  • 1
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Posts: 1369
Joined: 17 Jun 06
Trust:
affilly wrote:Hi Guys,

I was setting up an adwords campaign and I was wondering if you find the sponsored links at the top of the page to be more effective than the standard google ads down the side of the page. I was looking at a study done by some marketers about where potential googlers look when they use the Google Search engine. You can see it desplayed below.

Image

Mark, if you have had any success with using sponsored links opposed to standard google ads. Your wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Also are sponsored links more expensive than standard google ads down th right of the search engine. If you have found sponsored links to be more effective in terms of ROI could you outline how to set them up in the google adwords account

Kind Regards
Cheryl


Your confused about sponsored links. The ads on the top and on the side are all sponsored..... the ones on the top got there because of good CTR, quality score, and age of their campaigns. You don't have to be on the top in order to make sales.

Adrian,
  • 1
elmo033057
Posts: 114
Joined: 07 Jan 07
Trust:
Marc,

You are absolutely right about the PPC in Adwords thing being a way to lose money. I lost $160.00 messing around with Adwords last week. I was relieved to have cancelled that campaign as soon as I found out that I had to pay for impressions.

Here is where I went wrong. In order to win any battle you have to understand the type of warfare that you are involved in. (I'm a history teacher...) Anyway, the reason Napolean was such a good general was because he studied artilery warfare constantly. He just about slept with his cannons and he continuously read and studied his enemy and methods of fighting a war.

I figure that if I'm going to use Adwords, then I have to study and learn everything I can about them. Then I will have to intimately know the battlefield (niche) and my key enemies (competitors).

Only then can I have a fighting chance to use Adwords effectively.

I have purchased a ton of IM material and Afillorama is by far the best anywhere!!!

See ya later my Affilo-Bud

Flame On!

Elmo
:mrgreen:
  • 1
Mark Ellis a.k.a. "ELMO" Owner Ellistrations http://www.ellistrations.com
 
affilly
Posts: 32
Joined: 26 Jan 07
Trust:
Hi Adrian,

I knew that the links down the right were all sponsored. I just wasn't sure how the blue links at the top of the SERPS got there. Thanks for pointing it out.
  • 1
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Posts: 1369
Joined: 17 Jun 06
Trust:
affilly wrote:Hi Adrian,

I knew that the links down the right were all sponsored. I just wasn't sure how the blue links at the top of the SERPS got there. Thanks for pointing it out.


Good you got it now :D

Adrian,
  • 1
affilly
Posts: 32
Joined: 26 Jan 07
Trust:
Hi Mark,

I was chatting with my friend Steven Holdaway regarding the use of the Google content network and it's profitability AND also a strategy he uses that you might also find interesting about the july google update and what he is doing to avoid the effects of it.


Anyways, here's the chat transcript:


enzo2602 (12:57:39 PM): I was talking with a friend of mine and he only uses the search network not the content network. Which do you find to be more profitable

steven (12:57:51 PM): i use them both

steven (12:58:10 PM): most people find it difficult to use the content

network because it usually converts poorly

enzo2602 (12:58:43 PM): yeah thats what I thought

steven (12:58:28 PM): my content network converts the same as the search network, plus it gives twice as much traffic :-)
steven (12:58:54 PM): it converts better if you have a higher quality score because your ad is displayed higher

enzo2602 (12:59:26 PM): how do you "trim the fat" off the content network to make it more profitable

steven (12:59:47 PM): that's really hard to do because your content network is almost directly related to your search network because they both use the same list and same text ads

steven (1:00:11 PM): i usually work on improving the search network and the content network is improved as well

enzo2602 (1:00:41 PM): ok

enzo2602 (1:01:15 PM): as a result of the july update how do you increase your quality ranking

enzo2602 (1:01:28 PM): do you link to a content site

enzo2602 (1:01:31 PM): on the landing page
steven (1:01:34 PM): it's different if you have your own landing page and if you have an affiliate page

steven (1:01:57 PM): i'll explain how to do it then i'll need to go

enzo2602 (1:02:27 PM): ok

steven (1:03:08 PM): if you're linking to an affiliate website you will want to show a relationship between your keywords, your text ad, and your website. The best way to show a relationship between your keywords and yoru text ads is to group your keywords together and put them into their own adgroup. This way when you write your text ad you can make is very speicific and it will apply to all of the keywords in the adgroup

steven (1:04:55 PM): to show a relationsihp from your text ads to your website you will need to include a keyword in your text advertisement that is also in yoru keyword list, plus this keyword has to appear somewhere on your landing page. This way google will look at your text ad and see it is relevant to your keyword list because the text ad contains the keyword and google will also see that the same keyword is on your website. This means google will see that your keywords are related to your text ad and website and vis versa.

steven (1:05:26 PM): If you have your own landing page you pretty much do the same thing above with the text ads and keywords, but you create a different landing page for each adgroup of keywords

enzo2602 (1:06:13 PM): some merchants provide keyword specific landing pages

steven (1:05:58 PM): like instead of your landing page being index.html it would be index-computer-game.html if your website was selling computer games

steven (1:06:21 PM): clickbank merchants?

enzo2602 (1:06:46 PM): yes
steven (1:06:33 PM): can you tell me which ones

enzo2602 (1:07:24 PM): Maybe, what's in it for me :-)

steven (1:07:07 PM): do you mean they supply keyword specific landing pages to all of their affiliates or just for themselves

enzo2602 (1:07:38 PM): affiliates

steven (1:07:56 PM): i wanted to do that, but i couldn't figure out how to transfer the clickbank cookie from the affiliate to the customers webpage, if you could give me a list of vendors who are doing this it would be much appreciated

enzo2602 (1:08:39 PM): i.e if you are promoting a product like guitar training they may provide a series of landing pages that are specificall related to electric guitar or acoustic guitar etc

steven (1:08:21 PM): i'm sorry, i mean the cookie from the affilaite to the customers pc

enzo2602 (1:09:00 PM): ok

steven (1:09:00 PM): anyway, what i mentioned above will prevent you from being affected by the google slap

enzo2602 (1:09:29 PM): ok

steven (1:09:37 PM): also if you ahve a yahoo account you should apply the same concept to your adgroups there because they are moving to the quality score and ad relevancy like google

enzo2602 (1:10:13 PM): yes I have heard about that

enzo2602 (1:10:29 PM): do you do much with cpa network orffers

steven (1:10:43 PM): not too much

enzo2602 (1:11:09 PM): ok

steven (1:10:56 PM): it was nice talking to you

enzo2602 (1:11:25 PM): you too

enzo2602 (1:11:26 PM): :-)

steven (1:11:05 PM): let me know if you make that list

enzo2602 (1:12:13 PM): :-)

enzo2602 (1:12:21 PM): thanks for the tips steven

steven (1:12:03 PM): no problem

enzo2602 (1:12:32 PM): enjoy your night

enzo2602 (1:12:34 PM): bye
  • 1
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Posts: 1369
Joined: 17 Jun 06
Trust:
affilly wrote:Hi Mark,

I was chatting with my friend Steven Holdaway regarding the use of the Google content network and it's profitability AND also a strategy he uses that you might also find interesting about the july google update and what he is doing to avoid the effects of it.


Anyways, here's the chat transcript:


enzo2602 (12:57:39 PM): I was talking with a friend of mine and he only uses the search network not the content network. Which do you find to be more profitable

steven (12:57:51 PM): i use them both

steven (12:58:10 PM): most people find it difficult to use the content

network because it usually converts poorly

enzo2602 (12:58:43 PM): yeah thats what I thought

steven (12:58:28 PM): my content network converts the same as the search network, plus it gives twice as much traffic :-)
steven (12:58:54 PM): it converts better if you have a higher quality score because your ad is displayed higher

enzo2602 (12:59:26 PM): how do you "trim the fat" off the content network to make it more profitable

steven (12:59:47 PM): that's really hard to do because your content network is almost directly related to your search network because they both use the same list and same text ads

steven (1:00:11 PM): i usually work on improving the search network and the content network is improved as well

enzo2602 (1:00:41 PM): ok

enzo2602 (1:01:15 PM): as a result of the july update how do you increase your quality ranking

enzo2602 (1:01:28 PM): do you link to a content site

enzo2602 (1:01:31 PM): on the landing page
steven (1:01:34 PM): it's different if you have your own landing page and if you have an affiliate page

steven (1:01:57 PM): i'll explain how to do it then i'll need to go

enzo2602 (1:02:27 PM): ok

steven (1:03:08 PM): if you're linking to an affiliate website you will want to show a relationship between your keywords, your text ad, and your website. The best way to show a relationship between your keywords and yoru text ads is to group your keywords together and put them into their own adgroup. This way when you write your text ad you can make is very speicific and it will apply to all of the keywords in the adgroup

steven (1:04:55 PM): to show a relationsihp from your text ads to your website you will need to include a keyword in your text advertisement that is also in yoru keyword list, plus this keyword has to appear somewhere on your landing page. This way google will look at your text ad and see it is relevant to your keyword list because the text ad contains the keyword and google will also see that the same keyword is on your website. This means google will see that your keywords are related to your text ad and website and vis versa.

steven (1:05:26 PM): If you have your own landing page you pretty much do the same thing above with the text ads and keywords, but you create a different landing page for each adgroup of keywords

enzo2602 (1:06:13 PM): some merchants provide keyword specific landing pages

steven (1:05:58 PM): like instead of your landing page being index.html it would be index-computer-game.html if your website was selling computer games

steven (1:06:21 PM): clickbank merchants?

enzo2602 (1:06:46 PM): yes
steven (1:06:33 PM): can you tell me which ones

enzo2602 (1:07:24 PM): Maybe, what's in it for me :-)

steven (1:07:07 PM): do you mean they supply keyword specific landing pages to all of their affiliates or just for themselves

enzo2602 (1:07:38 PM): affiliates

steven (1:07:56 PM): i wanted to do that, but i couldn't figure out how to transfer the clickbank cookie from the affiliate to the customers webpage, if you could give me a list of vendors who are doing this it would be much appreciated

enzo2602 (1:08:39 PM): i.e if you are promoting a product like guitar training they may provide a series of landing pages that are specificall related to electric guitar or acoustic guitar etc

steven (1:08:21 PM): i'm sorry, i mean the cookie from the affilaite to the customers pc

enzo2602 (1:09:00 PM): ok

steven (1:09:00 PM): anyway, what i mentioned above will prevent you from being affected by the google slap

enzo2602 (1:09:29 PM): ok

steven (1:09:37 PM): also if you ahve a yahoo account you should apply the same concept to your adgroups there because they are moving to the quality score and ad relevancy like google

enzo2602 (1:10:13 PM): yes I have heard about that

enzo2602 (1:10:29 PM): do you do much with cpa network orffers

steven (1:10:43 PM): not too much

enzo2602 (1:11:09 PM): ok

steven (1:10:56 PM): it was nice talking to you

enzo2602 (1:11:25 PM): you too

enzo2602 (1:11:26 PM): :-)

steven (1:11:05 PM): let me know if you make that list

enzo2602 (1:12:13 PM): :-)

enzo2602 (1:12:21 PM): thanks for the tips steven

steven (1:12:03 PM): no problem

enzo2602 (1:12:32 PM): enjoy your night

enzo2602 (1:12:34 PM): bye


All of that is covered in the PPC videos here :)

How come some of the chat that steven was saying was coming from your s/n?

Adrian,
  • 1
Moderator
superaff
Posts: 532
Joined: 09 Sep 06
Trust:
Nice thread. Google slapped me before the Google slap... But I will be back! I wonder why I never got those $0.06 clicks, but only $0,45 clicks even in niche without competition?

My adwords account is a mess. I wonder if I should close it and start other, with a new and clean Google account (I emailed Google guys and they told me that if I close it, my Quality score would be bad).

I think it can't be more bad than now? MArk may be you can log into my account and have a look at that mess?
  • 1
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html
 
Site Admin
markling
Posts: 2488
Joined: 13 Jun 06
Trust:
Affily, we cover quality score and those things you mentioned in the affilorama lessons, and yes i agree with you and Steven Hold, he's giving you good advice there.

Elmo, PPC is a great way to make money, I make thousands a day from PPC alone. But you do need to have some money to spend because it is easy to lose money while you are figuring out what are profitable keywords, what are profitable sites to affiliate to and what is a profitable way to organise your landing page.

With regards to those hotspots on those images, yes more people click on the search results. Last time i checked it is about 80% of searchers that click on the top 5 listings (as opposed to about 15-20% who click on the sponsored results). So seo is great, if you can get your sites ranking highly. The thing about ppc is you can be listed on hundreds and even thousands of search terms (hence more clicks overall). Just need to make sure you figure out profitability. I made another video on finding profitable keywords which will be available in a week or 2.

With regards to content match, I use it for about half my campaigns. I make good money when i do use it, the ones I don't use it on proved to be unprofitable. I think it is different in different markets depending on the quality of the sites employing the adsense system on their sites.

Hope this helps, all the best!!

Mark
  • 1
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium
 
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Posts: 1369
Joined: 17 Jun 06
Trust:
MarkLing wrote:I make thousands a day from PPC alone.



Repeat to self 1000 times Adrian........ then make it a reality :)


Adrian,
  • 1
joshua
Posts: 46
Joined: 25 Sep 06
Trust:
I recently started a PPC campaign for a popular product online and I made $1400.00 last month with that one product, it was nice considering it is my first real PPC campaign. I spent $200 total for the PPC.

I do have a question though, does anyone go by a fixed amount of keywords to use? How about ad groups, I have read that you should use a certain amount of keywords, adgroups and no more or less. All input is appreciated.
  • 1
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Posts: 1369
Joined: 17 Jun 06
Trust:
joshua wrote:I recently started a PPC campaign for a popular product online and I made $1400.00 last month with that one product, it was nice considering it is my first real PPC campaign. I spent $200 total for the PPC.

I do have a question though, does anyone go by a fixed amount of keywords to use? How about ad groups, I have read that you should use a certain amount of keywords, adgroups and no more or less. All input is appreciated.


Very Nice Man :)

It is suggested that the smaller your ad group is and the more relevant... the better your quality score will be.

Adrian,
  • 1
affilly
Posts: 32
Joined: 26 Jan 07
Trust:
Hey Joshua,

I know you'll probably say "no" but can you share with us your keywords and the product you were promoting.
  • 1
affilly
Posts: 32
Joined: 26 Jan 07
Trust:
Mark,

I look forward to that video on finding profitable keywords. Does it have anything to do with the R/S ratio by any chance?
  • 1
cron