Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

What Do You Think?

nates450r
Trust:

What Do You Think?

hi everyone, i have had a question bouncing around in my head ever sence i have been using ppc (and in general website building)

So lets say you set up a website that you are going to use ppc (adwords) for your traffic
if you have adsence ads on your site do you think google gives your site the upper hand vs. a site without adsence?

IMO the way google is they would favor a site with adsence than a site without
i have no idea ware i got this opinion but over the years i have seen googles rules and regulations change so much

example--- i was using ppc for one of my sites and i had adsence on the lading page
recently i updated the layout of the website (graphics) i did not change any of the text or pages they are all the same

someone said to take the adsence off so the visiters eyes dont wonder, so i took them off
ever sence then i have been paying $0.07-$0.10 more a click.

with the way google changes there rules all the time i really dont know what to think
but my feeling is that sites with adsence on them might do better (maybe adsence = lower CPC)
what do you think?
sonitin
Trust:
Never heard of it but using adsense on your landing page is bad idea.
Think of it this way. Lets say you are bidding for the name of "product x". You pay a cpc of 1 usd per visitor you get from google to your landing page. Now you have an adsense block displaying on your landing page that is displaying a competitors flashy ad. The visitor gets to your page at your cost but instead of clicking your merchant link, he clicks on your competitors ad and buys from there. So you paid $1 to get the visitor, made 20 cents from the adsense (a 80 cent loss) and lost the commission too.

Moral of the story - your landing page should lead to only one link - your affiliate link to the merchant :)

Hope that helps!
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

nates450r
Trust:
yes that helps a lot
thank you
discover
Trust:
I agree with sonitin. I would definitely take out adsense. The landing page should be specific to the product that you are promoting. Imagine if it is a review site. Remember, the ads that Google displays on adsense is contextual and based on the content that you are providing.

I don't know how much you'll get from the clicks on your adsense ads but compare it with what you should earn from the product your promoting,

Just play by Google rules. Relevant Content. User Experience. Legitimate Offer.

Just my humble opinion.
nates450r
Trust:
ya, i took adsense off

This topic was started on May 30, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.