Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Should I do PPC on the Search or Content networks?

nates450r
Trust:

Should I do PPC on the Search or Content networks?

My content clicks are on average are 75% higher on a daily basis than my search clicks, should i go content network only?
the CTR of the content network is right around 1.50%---the search network is around 0.48 (daily)
both have daily impressions of around 1000-1500.
mattscott
Trust:
Personally I would turn off the content network until you get good results on search. Once you have done that then you can scale to the content network as well.

Matt
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
PPC on content networks can require a bit more work in managing as you really need to make sure theyre targeted to potential buyers, so theres a bit more overhead there in managing your campaigns.

Regardless of what network you advertise on check the conversion rate on those clicks - are you getting what you want out of it? Use the goal conversion feature in Google Analytics to make sure those clicks are turning into sales, or leads etc.
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

nates450r
Trust:
ok, i think i will turn off the content network for now and work on just the search network.

This topic was started on Oct 21, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.