Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Recent Adwords Banning and Mark's PPC Training

auscast
Trust:

Recent Adwords Banning and Mark's PPC Training

Hey Guys,

With googles recent mass banning I'm very cautious about even starting a PPC campaign with them. My business has finally peaked to the point that I can actually start learning PPC and then this comes along!

Just great...

Anyways I'm wondering if it would even be worth it to make the attempt to start a PPC campaign with Google or just revert to Yahoo since I would think they would be the next best option to go after for beginners new to PPC.

Would Mark's PPC lessons still be applicable for Yahoo PPC and other PPC search engines? I'm not really sure what to do about this since from my research Google is Top Dog while Yahoo and other Search Engines like MSN have their flaws, and Mark's training is primarily Google based.

What does everyone else think we should do now?
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Auscast,
There is only really 2 things to think about...
1. Google will do whatever they want, it doesn't matter what you do or how safe you are trying to play the game.
So in my opinion, you just don't promote the products that Google is Targeting right now, like some weight loss products and acai berry etc.. etc..
You either choose to get an adwords account or you don't.
If you don't, then that is the same as getting banned anyway.
So, in my opinion just go for it.
Sorry, I can not give you the offers and niches that Google are targeting, but it seems to do with health rebill offers, CPA offers with rebills and various other niches that are a bit on the dark side.

2. You should only rely on adwords for less than 20% of your income. 10% is better, and 0% is excellent..lol
Look at adwords like the icing sugar on a cake.

I see so many people recommending new guys go into PPC first... well I beg to differ.
Yes, they can do it, but I would do it Marks way first and get a good SEO optimized site and get it making some money... then put it on adwords.

Anyone else have thoughts?

Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

auscast
Trust:
Hi Troy,

I agree with you. And honestly I don't think that the products that I'm promoting are anywhere near as shady as CPA rebill type stuff, and are actual legit products that help people.

So far I've been using Mark's SEO training for about 8 months and have been earning a steady, albeit sometimes fragmented income (some days just don't convert -- odd) anyways, I feel I have enough experience to begin treading the waters of PPC and I really want to take it to that level so that I'll be earning a decent income to where I won't have to rely on a formal job anymore.

I'm soo close that I can taste it, it's just with this recent announcement it's set me back a little in my thought process of "Ok lets get this PPC stuff on the road!"

But, hopefully my products will be agreeable with google, and using Marks Review style Landing Pages, will be ok with google as well. I've heard that Google doesn't particularly like Review style landing pages, but since my sites have quality content on them I'm hoping this won't be an issue.

Then again I saw another post on the forum where one of the members got banned for google even though he did have a quality site etc.

IDK we'll see what happens I suppose...

Thanks for your input, means a lot.
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Auscast,
Yeah I know it's hard to know what Google will do these days.
I wish I had all the answers not only for members here but for myself.
All we can do is try to do the right thing.

Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
I've not done any PPC yet myself, either, but another factor that seems to be popping up is content. A lot of the sites getting hit by the slap have poor content relevant to the keyword(s) being targeted. I haven't heard yet if Mark got hit by any of the slaps (though I'm a bit behind on reading posts in this forum at the moment), but last I heard, he hadn't been hit by it.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Grady,
From what I know he hasn't.
And you do make a very good point about having good content.

Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

dariusuk
Trust:
HI Troy,

just one quickie: are you saying that Google is targeting weight loss niche and it's better to not promote products from that niche even when not using PPC?

Cheers, Darius
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Darius,
I don't think they are targeting weight loss specifically but sub niches within it.
This is only MY opinion and not fact ok...
Also, I am talking about Google adwords PPC here... not building niche sites with SEO optimized pages and articles etc...

Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

rudolf55
Trust:
Adwords has made very clear what their new policies are. I suggest reviewing them before starting a campaign. You can always ask them about a niche to be sure. Just don't breach their policy and you're on the safe side.
superaff
Trust:
As a rule of thumbs, what works for Google can be applied and tweaked for MSN and Yahoo.

Due to what is happening right now, I guess that these two will sonn become pretty competitive.

All the best,

Franck
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

This topic was started on Dec 09, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.