Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Question about impressions

natbetts
Trust:

Question about impressions

What would be a ball park figure for a decent number of impressions per month for the average campaign? I realise it depends on how many clicks you get from those impressions and how many convert to sales, but just on the average, what would be good for say a campaign that has about 50 keywords and 50 ads.

Thanks,

Nat.
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Nat,
This is hard to ascertain as is depends on the Market, Niche, Your CPC or Keywords and adgroups etc.. etc...

Some people have 1000 impressions and 50 clicks
( 5% CTR ) and think it's good.
I know one guy who has a 20% CTR on some ads and he spends $1000 a day on adwords.

If you follow Marks advice and search for keywords with over 1500 searches a mth for each Keyword then you could possibly get 100 impressions a day.
I know , I know.. it is a very wishy washy answer but Adwords is something that can work differently for everyone.

TEST, TEST, TEST.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

suprah
Trust:
I'd definitely have to say it depends on the popularity and variety of your market, as well as they keywords you're using. For example when I've advertised World of Warcraft guides (a very broad and generic market), a lot of keywords can be 1000 impressions a day. But the CTR? Terrible, 0.2% for most keywords. So only a few clicks per day. But when I've advertised a much more specific niche, "Get out of debt" guides. I might only be lucky enough to get 80 impressions a day on most keywords, but the average CTR will be 10 to 20%.

For me, personally, impressions aren't as important as your total clicks, CPC and CTR as these will be the deciding factors on your return on investment (ROI). I use impressions to enhance and adjust my campaigns, I don't build my campaigns around impressions.
Visit my Photoshop tutorials blog: http://photoshop-mastery.blogspot.com
Learn how to tap a cell phone:http://www.squidoo.com/how-to-tap-a-cell-phone

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Suprah,
Great points.
I think this just proves that adwords can be different for everyone and depends on your niche, keywords, CPC, impressions, CTR, Site quality etc.. etc...
When people ask about adwords it is hard to pinpoint the problem as it can be so varied in regards to circumstances of the campaign.
It comes down to testing yourself and seeing what works..
I also suggest people buy a good ( Up to date ) PPC guide...
Perry Marshall's is great.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on Nov 13, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.