Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

PPC Ads Not Showing - Need Help

omf1120
Trust:

PPC Ads Not Showing - Need Help

Hey All,

I activated my Adwords account about 3 days ago. I set up my first campaign as instructed by Mark in the Videos. I have a landing page, 2 ads for one adgroup.
I ran a diagnostic on whether my ads are showing up on the google but this is what it had to say:

No, The keyword phrase doesn't currently trigger any of your ads

What am I doing wrong? I mean I am using the the right keywords, theres about 7-9 product name keywords with a couple of 'problem keywords'.

Has anyone had this problem, please let me know what I can do to solve this.

Thanks.
speedyreader
Trust:
There are several possible reasons:

1. There is not enough traffic in the entire network for the keyword to trigger. the traffic is simply not there for the keyword to show. Google might not put an ad in a low keyword search because they know PPC marketers will not get enough clicks to convert to sales and abandon PPC. Find better keywords.

2. Your bid is too low. If competitors outbid you, they will grab all the top spots & then Google will cut off the rest for the same reason as #1. Increase your bid price higher than want to pay just for the first two days and then lower it to the happy medium where you are not overpaying yet getting click-throughs.

3. It could be a technical issue. Every ad has to be reviewed and approved. Expect a 24-48 hour "pending" period before you see any ad show up or click results. Make sure your site complies with Google's rules - content reflects ad copy, bad pop-ups, keywords in ad = keywords on page. Visit Adwords help section for more advice.

Hope this helps.
omf1120
Trust:
Hey Speedyreader,

Thanks for the reply. I actually got banned from google adwords without any explanation. I asked the rep to review my account again and tell what I am doing wrong as I am new, but the last email i received from them told me not to contact google adwords anymore. How arrogant!!
So I've decided to use mainly SEO to promote my website. Its been going great. I guess somethings happen for the better. Now, I can focus all my energy on seo instead of ppc...
jonmartinez
Trust:
OMF - don't give up on PPC just yet.

There is a whole world of pay-per-click advertising outside of google: MSN Adcenter, Yahoo Sponsored Search (MSN + Yahoo are about to merge...), 7search, Facebook, etc. etc.

Google is the 800 lb. gorilla in PPC but there are plenty of alternatives.

Good Luck!

Jon
allenhoward
Trust:
omf1120 wrote:Hey Speedyreader,

Thanks for the reply. I actually got banned from google adwords without any explanation. I asked the rep to review my account again and tell what I am doing wrong as I am new, but the last email i received from them told me not to contact google adwords anymore. How arrogant!!
So I've decided to use mainly SEO to promote my website. Its been going great. I guess somethings happen for the better. Now, I can focus all my energy on seo instead of ppc...

You are really doing good thing. SEO is for long term as PPC is just time being.
Volusion Store Design By http://www.altwebmedia.com

smcgriever
Trust:
I wouldn't stress too much about getting banned from adwords. MSN and Yahoo do have good alternatives. Ultimately I think SEO is a better long term strategy and has the potential to get you more targeted traffic it you do it right. You'll lose less money that way, too.
sonitin
Trust:
yeh right now all of us have to bend before Google... it was same with yahoo back in their days, part of life.

Anyway, as far as PPC is concerned, figure out what you did wrong. Try to go to other search engines for PPC. Media buying is hot these days and you should look into it. SEO is very time taking and can be very frustrating so I suggest that you should look into something that can give you some quick returns before you start investing into SEO.
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

robinjackman
Trust:
increase per click budget so that it will appear in first page.

This topic was started on Mar 02, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.