Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Low Daily limit With CTR Over %17.00

nates450r
Trust:

Low Daily limit With CTR Over %17.00

I have been doing some ppc testing and i cant figure out why im having this problem.

im in the weight loss niche i have 5 selected very targeted kw's in one of my campaigns as weight loss is a big market im on average paying .35 cents per click (i dont think its that bad) im using 1 ad

the problem im having is when i set the daily limit to $5.00 i know my ad is not showing all the time (but my CTR is between %11.00-%17.00) so when it is showing im getting clicks

so, common sence would say up the daily limit and get tons of targeted visiters to my website because the ad would show more often. so i increased my daily limit to $10.00 but then my CTR goes down to (%2.00-3.50) and it seems like there is a bigger bounce rate as well.

Why is this??? im using the same ad,same keywords, same campaign and same countries, all i changed was the daily limit.
jpastorizo
Trust:
Nates,

I think those are pretty high CTR you have.
Questions for you:
1. How long have you had the same campaign running at $5 daily limit?
2. How long have you had the campaign running at $10 daily limit?

Regards,
Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

nates450r
Trust:
i am testing one week $5 then one week $10 then repeat

im always getting higher ctr with the lower daily limit
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Nates,
PPC can be a hit and miss thing as you know.
Have you tried upping it to $20 for a day to see if it changes things?
Also, google might be serving the best position for you on the lower daily spend and
when you up the daily limit they vary it a bit more due to some algorithm.
In other words, you may show up at 6th for the $5 spend but 8th for the $10 spend.
I know that sounds ridiculous and defies all logic but this is Google we are talking about..lol

also, if you are testing the $5 day, do it on the same day as the $10 or $20 spend.
No point comparing a Saturday $5 spend to a Monday $10 spend.

One thing I would say is this daily spend is very low.. and will get you 14 clicks for a day @ .35c.
Not much data to go by or to test with.
Regards,
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on Feb 10, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.