Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Help~! People go to my CB order form and don't buy!

PremiumMember
twentiesinc
Trust:

Help~! People go to my CB order form and don't buy!

Hello,
I am doing direct linking on Yahoo using PPC.
I was promoting several products on CB, and they weren't converting at all, so I thought they were all losers.
However, when I checked my CB analytics, it appears that the Order form submit count is 111 !!! Yet there is not a single conversion. Is that normal??

Hop count: 1112
Order Form Impression Count: 111

Another product is
Hop count: 607
Order Form Impression Count: 81

Another product is
Hop count: 575
Order Form Impression Count: 18

They all had no sales. I am assuming the affiliate id was ok since all the counts were recieved by my CB analytics.

Is my conversion being highjacked? I am lost. I am broke. I am crying.
Please Help!

What should I do?
PremiumMember
sybiantex
Trust:
Yes, conversion on CB products flat out SUCKS lately. It's been my experience that most Clickbank products convert at about 1 in 1000 WITH highly targeted traffic via well written EzineArticles -> pre-sell/review page -> vendor sales page.

So, let's do some math here:

Let's say my average EzineArticle gets 1,000 views over the lifetime of the article.

Of those 1,000 readers, 25% click my Resource Box link, providing me with 250 site visitors.

Those 250 site visitors are directed to a presell/review page on my Wordpress blog.

Of those 250 visitors, about 10% click one of the affiliate links on my page and are directed to the vendor sales page.

So, my EZA article ultimately sends 25 visitors to the vendor sales page. As noted earlier, it's been my experience that Clickbank products convert at about 1 in 1,000 once the customer hits the vendor sales page. So...in order to drive 1,000 visitors to a vendor sales page, and thus make a $25 sale using article marketing, I have to write (1,000/25=40) FOURTY EzineArticles or outsource it.

Now, I can write 40 articles, which take about 30 minutes each. So, we are looking at about 20 hrs work, or 3 business days. Alternatively, I can outsource the article creation at about $5 an article, for a total cost of $200.

3 business days of my time for $25? I'm better off bagging groceries.

Outsourcing? $200 - $25 = - $175

Either way...the bottom line is...I'M STARVING using EZA article marketing for Clickbank products. The fact is, conversion for the Clickbank eBooks that I'm targeting flat out STINKS.

Anyone else experiencing poor conversion once the customer hits the vendor sales page(s)? I think I'm going to try using the AffiloBlueprint system (which I love) and target physical products that actually convert.

Thoughts?
jbonline
Trust:
What is amazing to me is the CB gravity rate of the products I promote all are 100 and more. Yet I have not made a single sale in a month. What am I doing wrong that other people are not? I have decided my salesmanship must stink. I am good at getting free traffic. I am very good at SEO for websites and have found a little talked about trick that has helped me rank in the top 10 sometimes in less than a month for keywords that have over 1,000,000 competing pages. Yet as far as making sales there is somenting I am missing I know.
jpastorizo
Trust:
@ twentiesinc, that is a lot of order form impression count. I suggest you look at how relevant and how tight your ads are with your landing page and with the product you are promoting. Your visitors seem to click on your ad, go to the merchant sales copy, click on the link but then when they arrive at the order page they exit. Are you using the search or the content network? Seems like you need to investigate on this. A little tweak might be all you need and this might actually be a winner.

@sybiantex, this will depend on the niche. In one of my niches that I market Ive had 1 sale every 60 clicks using PPC this last 6 weeks. It really depends on the market. Each market has their own proven marketing. Some are really approached using PPC. Some are really through SEO or even article marketing.

@jbonline, if you are good with SEO and not in sales then you have to outsource your sales copies and your articles. There could be a lot of things that plays a part on why you have not made single sale. Do you have stats that we can look at?

Regards,
Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

PremiumMember
twentiesinc
Trust:
Hi jpastoizo,
My keywords and ads are very highly targetted. It is very relevent as well.
I am doing search network I tried it both on yahoo and google.
They are both directlinking using iframe so it is automatically directed to the merchant's sales page.
jpastorizo
Trust:
I see. I thought you were using a landing page. I also thought that using iframe is hated by the SEs. Oh well, I learned something today. =)
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

PremiumMember
twentiesinc
Trust:
Please help? No Solution?
PremiumMember
sonelt
Trust:
twentiesinc:
Hey I had the same problem with one of the products I was promoting on CB.
I found out that the market that I was targeting knew a great deal about the product niche, there for when they got to the order form and saw the price on the product, they didn't want anything to do with it.

Also with farther research I found that you could find all the information for free on YouTube!
I had nearly 600 order form impressions and 0 sales.
Lesson learned: bad product in a savoy niche.
I do much more research on my niche now a days :)
Free marketing help http://www.bummarketingmethod.com/ProjectMom.html

Get the best email auto-responder in the biz, http://aweber.com/?346876 . Get a trial offer 30 days for a dollar.

wollowra
Trust:
Not sure if this helps, but there can be reasons why you get order page impressions and no sales or low sales..
Read this...
post35134.html?hilit=clickbank#p35134

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

chris72
Trust:
Hey Twentiesinc,

Another thing to consider; Clickbank hates iframes and they say that it can stuff up the recordings of sales - ie you don't get credit for them, yes your aff id appears on the bottom of the order form and all that, but the tracking doesn't work when the sale is completed.

Just a thought

Chris :o)
Kick-Butt Writing Services http://rachaelmcnaught.com

Outstanding Quality PLR Packs http://niche-plr-products.com

Learn to be a Digital Writer http://thedigitalwriter.net/

PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
I'm an ebook writer and vendor with 2 ebooks on Clickbank (one at CB for a few years, one brand new 0 Gravity). So this thread is of great interest to me.

Questions please:
On my site's affiliate page, should I warn potential affiliates against using iframes?

Is 0.1% SCR (1/999) really typical for ebooks? Any ideas on improving that, given a hot market niche and a well written ebook which is actually unique?

Is it absolutely necessary for a new ebook to have considerable sales by the author themselves before any saavy affiliates will promote it (i.e. decent gravity)? Or will knowledgable affiliates sometimes try a brand new ebook, based on other factors when Gravity is zero?

Why do affiliates try to promote my older ebook on CB, and yet never contact me so that we can actually work together for mutual benefit?

Thanks much for any insights from affiliates!
Sorry I can't answer the posters original question.

_jim coe

This topic was started on Feb 19, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.