Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Google Adwords - 24 in Impr column - What does this mean?

daveboz
Trust:

Google Adwords - 24 in Impr column - What does this mean?

Hey guys,
I'm sure there is a simple answer to this question.
I have created by Google Adwords campaign, and have given it some time to run(just 3 hrs :) ), anyway when I went in there to look at the stats for my campaign I found that there was a 24 in the Impr. column. What does that mean? What does Impr. mean?
crowzy
Trust:
Hi daveboz,

It means your adds are showing in content network (it shows on other people's websites that have adsense adds).

That usually converts badly. So if I was in your place I would go into campaign settings and untick the box that says content network.

Cheers
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Actually, Impr. just means the number of times your ad has been displayed. I can't know for sure if these have been on the search network or content network.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

crowzy
Trust:
Yes Sean is right. Sorry about that.

But check out the content network anyway. If you want to keep it at least set a much lower bid for it than you have on search. 5 cents or something like that. It can eat your budget very fast usually without any results. I tried it once and never again.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Yeh, good advice there crowzy. I remember when I first used adwords, the only way I could get any traffic was via the content network. I spent a few dollars but never made a sale and wondered why.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

daveboz
Trust:
Thanks guys,
I didn't even look at the content ads! :)
Thanks