Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Direct linking PPC Classroom 3.0 webinar

mikeb1073
Trust:

Direct linking PPC Classroom 3.0 webinar

Hello All, In the webinar the other night Amit says that you should have 10-15 pages of original content on your site in order not to get slapped. So using the reverse phone lookup as an example, How am I going to write 15 pages about how you look up a phone number. Most of the clickbank products are not even 15 pages long. Also, wouldn't I want to get the person to buy as soon as possible. I can see having that many pages of content for some products, but for the majority of products I don't think that makes sense.

Then he says to have a different landing page for each keyword. So If I was to promote reverse phone lookup I would have to make a landing page for "find phone number", lookup phone number.. ect....

Finally, I thought I knew the difference between a website and a landing page but I guess not. I built a website for sonic producer software with about 7 pages related to music, is the first page of my website a landing page for sonic?

Maybe these are dumb questions...if so sorry but thanks for your help...

Thanks Everyone, MJ
Last edited by wollowra on 05 Nov 09 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: changed title to describe post better

wollowra
Trust:
Hi MJ,
I think Amit was talking about direct linking and not building a 15 page site for phone lookup.
Or you could build a site around cheating spouses and put that as an ad on your site.
Some niches are pretty hard to build 15 pages on, so people just direct link or have a related site and just put the affiliate ad on there.

A landing page is a page where people land after doing a search for a particular keyword.
This is the strategy Mark teaches in the Affiloblueprint.
Focus on 1 keyword per page, although you can have other relevant keywords thrown into the mix as well.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

mikeb1073
Trust:
Wollowra, Thanks for your reply. Maybe I'm wrong but from what I got out of it was, in order to not get slapped by google, your site needs original content and not be a redirect, because even 1 other person promoting with a redirect will get you booted, Like your car, if you live in Boston. Again using phone as an example how is it possible for 496 people (gravity) to promote the same product without 2 people direct linking?
wollowra
Trust:
Google just displays 1 URL to the same site at any given time.
If 400 people are promoting it on adwords ( Unlikely ) then just say there are 400 searches that day.. then your ad will show once or maybe more if you have bid the most money per click.
Amit did say that bidding wars can start because of this... and the person with the deepest pocket can win.
As I mentioned.. people will promote this on their own sites as well for EG: A cheating spouse site.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

natbetts
Trust:
Hi there,

I attended Amit's Webinar this week, which was fantastic and I learnt a lot. I am now working on starting several campaigns.

I am still unsure about how to do the direct linking - do I just put my affiliate link in the destination URL - is it that simple? Then, from there, how do I deep link to send them to a specific page, do i just add the /pagename.html like usual?

I must admit I am still a bit scared of deep linking, it appears it is not allowed in a lot of cases.

So, as for landing pages as an alternative route, I already have 2 websites, can I simply just add a landing page to one of those instead of creating a new site. I guess whilst this would be a simple way of doing it, but my websites have no relevance to the new campaigns I am running. Will I lose credibility from the visitor doing it this way?

Thanks,

Natalie.

This topic was started on Nov 04, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.