Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Differences between Adwords and Wordtracker?

lunatunes
Trust:

Differences between Adwords and Wordtracker?

I just emailed someone who was promoting Adwords Analyzer to ask them what the difference was between Adwords Analyzer and Wordtracker.
This Was There Response:

The main difference is they pull their results from different places. WT from meta search engines and AWA from Google and overture.

Also AWA is software you run on your desktop and WT is membership based.

They both are wonderful... I prefer AWA because it runs on my desktop and pulls from Google.

I thought that WordTracker pulled from Google also.
Is this guy wrong??

Thanks,
Randy
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
Hi Randy,

No, the emailer is right, Wordtracker grabs their data from Metacrawler and Dogpile. Which is why it's a good idea to use Wordtracker as part of your kw research :wink:

Promo
lunatunes
Trust:
promocode wrote:Hi Randy,

No, the emailer is right, Wordtracker grabs their data from Metacrawler and Dogpile. Which is why it's a good idea to use Wordtracker as part of your kw research :wink:

Promo

Thanks Promo.......I dont understand though the Metacrawler - Dogpile thing.
Why would that make using Wordtracker better?

Randy
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I think dogpile grabs results from other search engines, rather than just itself. Something like that anyway, I don't know exactly what's going on.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Unlike search engines, metacrawlers don't crawl the web themselves to build listings. Instead, they allow searches to be sent to several search engines all at once. The results are then blended together onto one page.

Adrian,
lunatunes
Trust:
So then does WordTracker get their search results also from Google via the meta crawlers or dogpile?

And what is the difference between Google search results and getting results from the google suggestion tool?

Thanks much,

Randy
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
lunatunes wrote:So then does WordTracker get their search results also from Google via the meta crawlers or dogpile?

And what is the difference between Google search results and getting results from the google suggestion tool?

Thanks much,

Randy

Google search results are taken from Google's algorithm and ranking method of the GoogleBot. Google search suggestion is based on Google's own data of the queries done on their search engine.

I am not sure where Wordtracker picks up their information from. I think it is dogpile and other crawlers like that.... it is more accurate though.
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
lunatunes wrote:...Why would that make using Wordtracker better?

Randy

Sorry to confuse, it's not really "better" it's just that if you want to create a really extensive kw list, it helps to get your search terms form different sources. At least it helps me to think along lateral lines, instead of just going deeper and deeper.

Also, unlike the Yahoo/Overture sourced tools, Wordtracker gives you the numbers for singular and plural searches, which can be helpful when searching for a kw/phrase to target.

Promo
lunatunes
Trust:
Thanks Guys!! :D After looking into AWA a little more...although it could be a helpfull tool it doesn't seem worth the money.

While were on the subject of Keyword tools could any of you give your opinions on Keword Elite besides the fact that it's a bit pricey :)

Thanks,
Randy
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
lunatunes wrote:Thanks Guys!! :D After looking into AWA a little more...although it could be a helpfull tool it doesn't seem worth the money.

While were on the subject of Keyword tools could any of you give your opinions on Keword Elite besides the fact that it's a bit pricey :)

Thanks,
Randy

No you don't need KE yet.... I don't need it and I have it...free keyword tools will do just fine for a while.
superaff
Trust:
If you want to get Keywords from google, use the "Free" Google Keyword External tool in your adwords account.

Many SEO guys say that it is the best keyword tool on the planet. Coupled with Wordtracker, you don't need to use any other keyword tool!

Don't forget to check Kwbrowse.com.

If you really want to check a tool, Nichebot is the best.
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

lunatunes
Trust:
Superaff, When you say google keyword tool, are you talking about the tool where you can do cost and ad position also?
I sent you a PM :)

Thanks,
Randy
superaff
Trust:
Yes, it is the tool in your adwords account.

Jim Morris of Nichebot and Charles Heflin freom SEO2020 said that it is the best keyword tool available.

I read a lot about about how to use Google keyword tool with LSI...

I wrote it down, I will make a PDF later this week, and I'll let you know.

PM sent.
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

rlunatunes
Trust:
Hey Superaff....did you happen to make that PDF yet? :)

Randy
[url=http://mozy.com/?ref=3f9a896b&kbid=26059&m=8":1uga1vcr][color=red:1uga1vcr]Mozy Unlimited Backup....Excellent Computer Backup Service!!! "$4.95/month"[/color:1uga1vcr][/url:1uga1vcr]