Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Conversions with Adwords campaigns

PremiumMember
splork
Trust:

I've got two Adwords campaigns up. One has 12 clicks with 2800 imps and the other has 52 clicks with 8300 imps so far today.

I send all the traffic straight to the product landing page. I haven't set up a squeeze page yet figuring when I build a campaign I really won't know if its worth it for a few days. I mean I have 8 others that have just sat there that I've paused after dismal results over the week.

I haven't gotten through but the first few vids but should I have set up an email page. How do I get these campaigns making me some money? It seems as though I should be doing at least 1 sale per 100, right? do I change products? Is it the keywords? should I turn off content search to save money?

Guess I need to just watch the vids, huh? :roll:
Servicing the web sewers since 2006 http://lostballinhighweeds.com

PremiumMember
nick
Trust:
Just a quick question - how many ads do you setup per adgroup? Would be a good idea to setup 3-4 different ads (if you havn't already) so you can split test and find which ad is working the best for you.

And I would also suggest turning off content search :)

*note, I moved your post to a new topic*
PremiumMember
splork
Trust:
Yea, I've got four ad groups for one and two for the other.

Opting out of content will kill the majority of my clicks,
Servicing the web sewers since 2006 http://lostballinhighweeds.com

PremiumMember
advice
Trust:
I reckon you are paying for the clicks anyway so you might as well be building up a list.

Once you have set up the email capture page the first time it is alot easier after that. Change a few codes and some words etc on the page and you have a new page.

If you have some email addresses you can then follow up or point them to better affiliate program, otherwise you have nothing.

You still need a sale though, at sometime.

Glenn
Support
greg
Trust:
Opting out of content will kill the majority of my clicks

Clicks/ impressions that are not getting any results are worthless. Whenever I start a new Adwords campaign I never opt in for Content. Give your keywords a few weeks/ months to see what keywords are profitable and get rid of profitless keywords before testing Content advertising.

How many Keywords do you have in each group? And have you selected the countries that you want your ads to show in?

Too many irrelevant keywords can be a headache to work with.

Advertising to all countries can be dangerous as well. For example: We found that Ireland has a low amount of visitors to one particular site, but a huge amount of sales, where as, a country such as India may have alot of clickthroughs resulting in very little sales, you may want to consider cutting back on the amount of countries you are advertising to.

Adwords can be frustrating sometimes, and in the beginning week or two of a new campaign can be expensive, but if you cut back on "cpm" spending, you will have more $$$ to play around with finding profitable keywords in Search.

Good luck : )