Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Conversion differences between blog and sales letter sites

joshua
Posts: 46
Joined: 25 Sep 06
Trust:

Conversion differences between blog and sales letter sites

I have been testing a product inwhich I have two similar sites...the only difference is one is a blog style site and the other is a sales letter type site. They both have great reviews etc...but the sales letter type site convert like crazy and the blog style site has made 3 whole sales. Mark what is the reasoning behind this?
  • 0
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Posts: 1369
Joined: 17 Jun 06
Trust:
Review style will always convert better. It has been proven through industry split testing. People like to see a whole bunch of products reviewed. It still gives them a feeling of control.

Adrian,
  • 0
PremiumMember
promocode
Posts: 275
Joined: 05 Sep 06
Trust:
Obviously I'm not Mark but I'll throw my 2 cents in... Sometimes there is no explaining why one page converts better. It could be something as subtle as the colors being used - the images - the style type etc... That's why testing is so important - good on you for taking the time to analyze your results :)
  • 0
joshua
Posts: 46
Joined: 25 Sep 06
Trust:
Thanks for the replies, one thing that I haven't done is properly set up the conversion tracking for google Adwords. My question, where are we suppost to add our conversion code if we don't have a thank you page? As affiliate we send them right to the affiliate home page normally. Maybe I am confused but I don't see how this is done. Any help is appreciated.
  • 0
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Posts: 1369
Joined: 17 Jun 06
Trust:
joshua wrote:Thanks for the replies, one thing that I haven't done is properly set up the conversion tracking for google Adwords. My question, where are we suppost to add our conversion code if we don't have a thank you page? As affiliate we send them right to the affiliate home page normally. Maybe I am confused but I don't see how this is done. Any help is appreciated.


You ask the merchant to place your conversion code on their thank you page.

Adrian,
  • 0
joshua
Posts: 46
Joined: 25 Sep 06
Trust:
http://YourClickBankID.affiliate.hop.cl ... ourYahooID or google id

Ok, I hate to sound like an amatuer but where would we find our Google id for adwords?
  • 0
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Posts: 1369
Joined: 17 Jun 06
Trust:
joshua wrote:http://YourClickBankID.affiliate.hop.clickbank.net?tc=123&ov=YourYahooID or google id

Ok, I hate to sound like an amatuer but where would we find our Google id for adwords?


I think you are talking about your conversion ID related to your account? Just log into adwords then set up conversion tracking.......... in the tracking code you will see something like id=3432480923470324

That is your number.

Adrian,
  • 0
joshua
Posts: 46
Joined: 25 Sep 06
Trust:
That is what I used but wanted to be sure because I set one up already but am verly leery because I don't want to miss out on any sales. I notice it creates one code for all of your caimpaigns is this right? I appreciate the help adrian.
  • 0
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Posts: 1369
Joined: 17 Jun 06
Trust:
joshua wrote:That is what I used but wanted to be sure because I set one up already but am verly leery because I don't want to miss out on any sales. I notice it creates one code for all of your caimpaigns is this right? I appreciate the help adrian.


Yea I think the code is the same all the time.

Adrian,
  • 0
joshua
Posts: 46
Joined: 25 Sep 06
Trust:
Thanks for the reply. I have read many adword books that say you should shoot for as many as 50 to 100 ad groups. I personally think that this is not necessary. I currently use 4 to 5 ad groups with 10 to 15 keywords a piece. I notice they also recommend placing tons of broad keywords, I only use keywords that will create a sale. It is quite clear which keywords are for informative purposes and which ones will convert. My question is what do you guys think? Does anyone else use this many ad groups? Do you do well with it?

If so how many keywords do you use per ad group? I no Google likes smaller relevent ad groups. Look forward to the responses.
  • 0
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Posts: 1369
Joined: 17 Jun 06
Trust:
joshua wrote:Thanks for the reply. I have read many adword books that say you should shoot for as many as 50 to 100 ad groups. I personally think that this is not necessary. I currently use 4 to 5 ad groups with 10 to 15 keywords a piece. I notice they also recommend placing tons of broad keywords, I only use keywords that will create a sale. It is quite clear which keywords are for informative purposes and which ones will convert. My question is what do you guys think? Does anyone else use this many ad groups? Do you do well with it?

If so how many keywords do you use per ad group? I no Google likes smaller relevent ad groups. Look forward to the responses.


Yup your on the right track with your small relevant groups. Review the videos Mark has on adwords for more info.

Adrian,
  • 0
joshua
Posts: 46
Joined: 25 Sep 06
Trust:
Yea, I watched Marks videos multiple times but there are a few minor things that I don't recall being in there. For one of my campaigns I use 2 adgroups and the ad read the same for both...it does really well but for each ad group, should a new ad be made? Or should all of your ad groups have the same ad? When adding keywords, should you use all of these type of keyword fomats:

keyword
"keyword"
[keyword]

This is how I currently have mine set up. Marks video just shows him adding one or the other but I have read where others will use them all for each keyword, so you get the most out of it.
  • 0
Site Admin
markling
Posts: 2488
Joined: 13 Jun 06
Trust:
You are doing that right, it is a good idea to use all 3 as it lets you know if you are getting a lot of "exact match conversions" or if there are lots of non-exact match, then you know that you may be missing an important word in there.

All the best,
Mark
  • 0
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium
 
Site Admin
markling
Posts: 2488
Joined: 13 Jun 06
Trust:
Also, to answer your other question, usually I have lots of adgroups.

Sometimes I'll have 100, sometimes 10, depends on the topic. Dog training I have over 100 adgroups as there are over 100 different breeds and types of dog problems that they all require different adgroups, whereas learn spanish I have about 20 adgroups as there is less variation in there.

All the best,
Mark
  • 0
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium
 
joshua
Posts: 46
Joined: 25 Sep 06
Trust:
If your site is new and has not been indexed, does this have any effect on your ranking postion for adwords? Do you use a different ad for each ad group?

Mark, how do you test your product before pursuing it. Is the Google cash method still productive?

I appreciate the responses.
  • 0
joshua
Posts: 46
Joined: 25 Sep 06
Trust:
I wasn't directing this question soley to Mark. If anyone else can comment...ears are open ;)
  • 0