Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Can I Use Adwords To Send Traffic Direct To Offer?

PremiumMember
skimitchell
Trust:

Can I Use Adwords To Send Traffic Direct To Offer?

Hi guys,

Im very new to all this and was looking for some advice.
Could i get started by testing a few Adword campaign's sending traffic directly to the sales page of the product im trying to sell using my hop link? Im going to eventually setup a website of my own but dont have the time at the moment.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Justin
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Advertisers sometimes test a campaign to see how well it converts before building a site on the offer. You could do direct linking to do some quick testing. But after the screening, it would be best to build your site and send all traffic to it in order to build its rankings.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

jcdean
Trust:
If the keywords that you are thinking of useing to send traffic directly to a vendors site are profitable, chances are someone else is already direct linking. Google will only allow one add. (Double Serving Rule) if some one is already there you would have to out bid them for your add to be shown.
Respect,
JC Dean

PremiumMember
skimitchell
Trust:
Thanks for the help. I have been testing a few campaigns using this method but have not had any sales in 2 days and spent about $30 for 200 clicks. Would this indicate bad keywords or bad landing page therefor visitors are not converting?

Thanks.
superaff
Trust:
Ho Mitchell,

Before starting with Adwords, why not starting with an seo site as we recommend it at affilorama?

Like this, you learn marketing without spending too much money on Adwords.

Once you understand how it works and you know how to choose the profitable keywords and the triggers that lead your visitors to buy, Adwords will be much profitable.

Franck
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

bunched
Trust:
Hi Skimichell,

Its tough to tell from what you have provided if it is a bad landing page or bad keywords. You mentioned 200 clicks, but out of how many impressions? If you have a good click through rate (impressions/clicks), then its possible that the product isnt stellar, and not converting.

Its also possible that while you may have good keywords that are driving traffic, they may not be relevant, and therefore the 200 clicks you did receive were from low quality traffic (aka people who thought they were viewing something different than what was on the landing page).

I would take another look at your ad campaign, and see if it is very relevant to what you are promoting. Another tip is to make sure the ad clearly conveys what is for sale on the affiliates landing page. You could save some money on irrelevant clicks if your audience has a better sense of what they are clicking on, and you can weed out some of the bad traffic.
PremiumMember
skimitchell
Trust:
Thanks all for your valuable help. Im looking into a SEO site now and will test some adwords campaigns once launched. :>

This topic was started on Jan 08, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.