Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

re: using Google Keyword Tool

PremiumMember
andrewn
Trust:

re: using Google Keyword Tool

Hi all,

I'm a newbie at ground zero, and I'm starting to use Google Keyword Tool - would anyone care to share the process they use to start to determine if a niche has competition, etc...? Here's what I've been doing:

Example Niche: Online Dating Help For Divorced Men

1. Type into Google Keyword the phrase in the prospect's language: divorced online dating. Pick a result, let's say it's: divorced man dating.

2. Open up a google search tab and type: divorced man dating, in quotation marks, because I was told that is how to tell if someone is selling a product to customers with that description in its title.

I've been doing this over and over to get the experience of it, but frankly I don't know how to interperet the results.

Thanks
Andy
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
check out these videos on youtube. there are 7 videos specifically on keyword research http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGMyIKMHrDc
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

PremiumMember
andrewn
Trust:
Hey thanks for the quick reply, James.

I'll check 'em out.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
No problem. they are a little old, but the info is still valid for what to look at. the interface has changed, but the factors I look at are still the same.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started

lyndaj
Trust:
Hi James,

Ive been looking through your videos to see if I could pick up some more tips from them, and I did thank you.

Only trouble is there's no way to know which order to watch them in unless you are familiar with the process, even then its tricky. I can see anyone who might not be familiar with Traffic Travis, etc yet getting confused if they don't watch them in the right sequence.

Cheers
Lynda
Last edited by lyndaj on 30 Jul 10 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jcdean
Trust:
I find Mark's "Traffic Travis" much more usefull.

Google it, try it, it's free
Respect,
JC Dean

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
i agree JC, the free version is awesome, but the pro version is even more so. You can even try out the pro version to see how great it is for only $5

@ Lynda, it isn't that I am trying to confuse people, but it is lesson I learned here. As I always say, don't just pay attention to the training courses, but also how Mark runs this site itself.

One thing I observed early on is that he teaches almost everything that you need to know for free, and then sells the step by step plan and a little more detailed explanation.

the Keyword Mastery course was the first product that I made, and I tried to follow that same plan when I did it. Now, I use it for bonuses with products (like the Jetpack), but I still don't give away everything unless you get the course. Finding that line of where to stop giving, and when to sell has been the hardest ballance for me to find. Sometimes I go so far, that people don't need to buy the product, but at least it helps build my reputation so that the next time someone has a question or a bigger problem, they will be more liekely to trust me when I do recommend a product.

Because of that, I would rather go too far than not give enough. But I do have to draw the line somewhere.

lyndaj
Trust:
James, you need to read my post again. I didn't say you were confusing people, the videos are great!

All I was trying to say was that the order in which to watch them might be obvious to someone in the know, but I think some newbies might have problems. Im looking at it from a newbies perspective. I dont think a beginner would be able to tell from the titles alone which one to watch first, second, third, fourth and so on. If they watch them in the wrong order they could possibly get confused. I know first hand how much time us newbs spend on trying to figure out keywords and this course is very helpful so I thought it was worth mentioning.

Im sure they would sort it out eventually, but to possibly save someone some time I thought you might be able to list the names or url's of the 7 videos here in the order in which they should be watched.

Cheers
Lynda

This topic was started on Jul 22, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.