It's here: The shiny new Keyword Research Module in AffiloTools. Not only am I going to take you through using it, I'm going to give you some great tips for getting the most out of it.
1. How it Works: Find the Most Effective Keywords for You
Ensure that you're only spending your time, effort and money on keywords with high search volumes and low competition.
What should any good keyword research tool do? Give you the search volumes, average cost per click, and competition level of your keywords so you know the best ones to pursue. Well we've got an easy way for you to do just that in AffiloTools.
Step One: Head to the Keyword Research Module in AffiloTools
You can find this tool here, or you can always navigate to it using the lefthand sidebar under "Research."
Step Two: Enter Your Keywords into the Box in One of 3 Easy Ways
There are 3 simple ways to enter keywords, depending on where you'd like to pull them from. Once you've added your keywords using any of the methods shown below, you simply need to click the big green "SEARCH" button to get your results.
If your strategy is location-specific, feel free to select countries other than the default (United States) with the drop-down menu to the left of the search button. You can also choose to search for results relevant to Bing instead of Google.
So, let's jump in...
- Option 1: Enter keywords manually into the box
- Option 2: Enter a URL to pull in keywords targeted for that webpage
- Option 3: Pull your keyword list from a CSV (you can either drag and drop this in, or select it via "IMPORT FILE")
Step Three: Assess Your Results!
Once you've clicked "SEARCH," it's time to look at the results. Generally, you're after words with high search volumes and low competition, but don't forget to keep in mind the purpose of the keywords you're after. It isn't enough for a keyword to look good in the numbers, it still has to be relevant to your goals!
The factors to keep in mind:
- High search volumes
- Low competition
- Relevance to your landing page if using the keyword for an ad campaign
- Relevance to your website content if using the keyword for SEO
2. Get Inspiration from Related Keyword Suggestions
Don't miss out on effective keywords because they haven't occurred to you. Expand your keyword list with Related Keywords and see the metrics right there and then.
Sometimes it can be difficult to come up with a wide variety of keywords, or to even know where to begin! We're only human, after all.
That's where the Related Keywords tab can be particularly useful. Once you've done a search for a variety of initial keywords, you can click on the "Related Keywords" tab.
Here you'll find a broader variety of options that could be relevant to your strategy. This takes a little of the work out of it for you; you get more options without having to go hunting for them. They're related to your original search so you're likely to find some extra keywords here that are relevant and have great potential.
It's definitely worth a look, especially when you're stuck for ideas.
3. Peek at What Your Competitors are Doing
You can get a leg up on your competitors when you identify their keywords, assess their usefulness, and apply what you've learned to your own efforts.
When you search for keywords using a competitors' URL, you get a glimpse at the keywords they're targeting for that page. This can allow you to...
- Observe competitors' strategies
- Run a search on their keywords to see how effective they are
- Use any effective options yourself if they suit your own strategy
- One-up them by looking at similar keywords, and potentially finding more effective alternative options
So now it's time to go forth and research! Be sure to try out the tool for yourself to get the best idea of how you can use it for your own keyword strategy.