We are very excited to announce a brand new free feature available to everyone on Affilorama that we know you're going to love. Introducing (drum roll please) … The YO Blog!
What is the YO Blog?
YO stands for 'Your Opinion' (and appropriately, it's also a casual greeting). The YO Blog is your chance to put yourself in the spotlight in front of your peers, and it’s also a great place to get well-articulated advice and opinions from fellow affiliate marketing friends.
It looks exactly the same as our regular Affilorama Blog, with images and comment functionality too.
Why the YO Blog makes you happy
- Are you someone who loves to share your knowledge or thoughts on something? Do you love using the power of words to get your point across? Well here’s a place where you can do exactly that, and get your post in front of a large readership.
- You can place a healthy 'do follow' link from your blog post back to your site. We will be linking directly to the latest YO Blog posts from our Affilorama homepage (that has a pagerank of 6!). That means fast indexing of your content, and a lot of link juice coming your way…
- This is your chance to build up your reputation as an authority figure among your peers. If you've got a product or service that's of use to Affilorama members then here's your chance to let them know you can be of even more assistance...
- If your blog post is of exceptional quality, we might even promote it to our regular blog – amplifying the rewards you get from the benefits listed in the previous points.
Why the YO Blog makes Affilorama happy
No prizes for guessing that adding a new stream of frequently updated quality content helps us in the SERPs, and it gives us more to offer to people like you, both of which give us an increase in traffic. It's a win/win situation :)
YO Blog fair play
We want to ensure everyone gets the best experience out of the YO Blog, and this is why all blog post submissions are reviewed by our staff before being published. Publication is not guaranteed, so it would be a waste of your time if you send us a post that links to a spam site, has irrelevant content, or is of a generally poor quality. It must also be unique and not published elsewhere on the web.
There is no word restriction to the YO Blog, but remember this is not the place for a novel nor a tweet.
How to submit a post on YO Blog
1. Click on your Affilorama member profile at the top of your screen:
2. Click 'Create a YO Post' next to your member profile:
3. Click 'Create New Post'
4. You'll then need to fill out the following details:
- Blog post title - Make this interesting and descriptive, and no longer than 250 characters long. Titles are hugely important for getting users to read your post, so put some thought into this.
- Images - Ideally, images should be around 400x400 pixels (you must own the copyright on it or have paid for it)
- Tags - Add as many tags from our list to your blog post as you like (they must be relevant to your post of course!).
5. You'll then need to insert your post content using our WSYWIG editor.
6. Hit the 'Save to Drafts'. You will then be given the option to submit the post or edit it until its just right
7. You’re done! We’ll be in contact if we need further information, otherwise you’ll hear from us when your post goes live :)
YO Blog topic ideas to get you started
If you take a look to the right of this page, you'll see a list of topics that represent all of the subjects our past blog posts have been tagged under. This gives you an idea of the kinds of things that are relevant to Affilorama members, and topics that you can write about.
Another good place to look is on our forum – what questions and issues are people raising often?
Often the best and most useful blog posts cover a very specific topic in-depth. If you begin tackling a topic that is large in size, you can find it overwhelming and difficult to cover in enough detail to make it useful for your readers. Pick a topic and narrow it down to a very specific area.
Here are some things to consider…
- What areas of affiliate marketing are you currently focusing on? Maybe you’ve been spending a lot of time link building lately and you'd like to share your experience on hiccups and successes you’ve had along the road, and tips for other users.
- Maybe you’ve even got a time-saving, simple or helpful plan that others could follow along with.
- What’s news in the world of Affiliate Marketing? You might have a strong opinion on something that’s happened in the industry lately, or a new service that’s on offer and would like to warn members of the dangers, or alert them of the benefits.
- Consider yourself an expert? Maybe you’re a graphic designer and can teach people how to make cartoon images, or maybe you’re a social media expert and can give members the low-down on how best to use a service for affiliate marketing.
- Consider yourself a newbie? What about a journal-style entry of your progress so far? Tell us about your first sale, or how you finally figured out how to do 'annoying and difficult thing X’, and how others can do the same.
Are you ready to get started? The YO Blog isn't going to be live for a few weeks yet, but we are accepting submissions now. See you on the YO Blog soon!