Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Will write articles in exchange for graphics

PremiumMember
dmward50
Trust:

Will write articles in exchange for graphics

Hi everyone,

I have been thinking about this for a couple of days. I have one of the affiliorama folks designing a banner for me right now. And as I was thinking on this more and more, I realized something. I am a very good writer, but have less artistic ability than my first grader. I sat on my thumbs for a long time before putting up even the websites I was using to just learn how to make websites because I'm so intimidated by creating visuals. I've created some workarounds (getty images, flickr, creative commons, etc.) but it still doesn't work that well for me in all cases. In particular, I am building some websites that require me to make instructional diagrams- and I realize that these are better implemented as drawings that take out the complexity and simply highlight the important part (i.e. it's easier to show somebody a drawing of how to overhaul the hubs on your bike than to take pictures of the process- it's less distracting).

On the other hand, I can crank out a decent 500 word article in about ten minutes. I have a masters degree, have written two theses, and was educated at a set of ivy league schools. Writing has always been my strongest skill and I can do it quickly and effectively. I'm not trying to brag or toot my own horn here, but I just want to get across that it is something I am very good and quick at. In addition, I have written in a variety of fields- currently law, previously science, humanities, creative writing, social sciences, opinion, etc.

My proposition is a work exchange. If you would like to help me by creating images and helping me spruce up websites, I'll help you by writing content. If anyone is interested, please PM me and we'll talk about how to work it out.

Thanks so much!
eddiec
Trust:
Just a thought but if you really are good and fast at writing articles you could put yourself on e lance as a writer and make some money at it which you could then use to pay somebody (also on e lance) to create your graphics for you. Just in case you have no luck here.
PremiumMember
dmward50
Trust:
That's actually pretty reasonable- I hadn't thought about taking it that way. Thanks for the tip!

This topic was started on Aug 11, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.