Affilorama Birthday
Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

What articles should I submit onto my site?

birddy44
Trust:

What articles should I submit onto my site?

Ok guys, I know there is not a lot of traffic on this forum right now with all the changes going on but I hope there is someone that can help me.

I have been doing a lot of reading and researching on article submitting and I have a few questions that I need answered.

I have been working really hard on getting my site ready and I want to thank everyone who has helped me along the way with their advice. (broken link)

I think I am ready to start submitting articles so I can get some traffic to my site. What I am confused about is what articles should I submit?

I have written some myself and I paid some people on Elance to do some writing for me so I have about 20 articles as of now, I put about 12 of them on my site and I was going to submit the others. but should they go on my site first or should I submit them first?

And if I put them on my site I read somewhere that I should wait tell they are indexed first, how do you know when they get indexed? And then once they are indexed is it ok to submit the same article to a lot of directories?

And if you don’t get them indexed on your site first does that mean it is not my original article.. jeez this is just so overwhelming and I want to do it right.

One more question, if I paid someone on Elance to write an article for me can I say that it is mine and say I am the author?

Any advice is very much appreciated.
Last edited by ampie g on 03 Feb 10 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: broken link removed

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Articles submitted should always be different from the ones on your website. If they have to be the same, yes wait until your site gets indexed first. An easy way to do this is to go to Google and type in the following:

site:your-website-here.com

It will list pages of your site that it has in the database... click the "cached" button to see what version of the page is currently in Google.

You should tell the Elance author that your articles are your property so yes you can put your name to them, just do it anyway.

Hope this helps,
arianera
Trust:
I always post the articles to my own site first.

Then I syndicate that same article with a keyword link to my home page and a keyword *phrase* to my article. Usually something similar to the entire title of that article. That way there is no confusion on it being an original content article that is attributed to that specific site.

Anyone who picks up the article gives me 2 links. One helps the domain name home page and one helps the article that made it all happen.

There is no "rule" here. that's what I have been doing, and it seems to work well. You do not have to syndicate every article you write, post some on the blog that are not syndicated. Conversely, you don't have to post every article you syndicate.