Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Question about blogging content

dylanlim
Trust:

Question about blogging content

Hi,

I have recently found a niche which i want to promote products from clickbank. However i am still deciding whether to choose a domain name that are directly link to promoting the products or a slightly general name. eg in the health niche, "secrets to six abs" will be a more direct way of promoting whereas "power body building" will be more general.

Since i am using blog as a platform to promote the affiliate products and it allows us to post multiple times, i thought of using one post just to promote directly and the other posts to provide relevant content to readers. Is that a better idea or should i just choose a direct keywords related domain instead?

I understand by choosing a more general keywords will required more work in posting content than a direct keyword related domain name.

Any advice would be helpful.
I'm thinking of forming a group to keep us focus and be reminded of our goal so as to keep us moving.
Send me a message if you are interested or you can add me
@ facebook: www.facebook.com/dylanlzw
twitter: www.twitter.com/dylan_lim

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Dylan,
Honestly, you can do both.
However there are some small SEO advantages to having the targeted keyword/s in your domain and website/blog pages.
Relevancy can be good for targeted PPC campaigns later on.
It is also less work and less money to get going.

The more general blog will probably need to have categories with keyword articles for each category.
This will be a good authority blog later on down the track and will probably be larger in size as well.

Sorry to be wishy washy, but either is fine in my opinion.
Just make sure your pages are very targeted with your relevant keyword articles.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

dylanlim
Trust:
hi troy,
thanks for your advice. I will get right to it!!
I would probably go for a more targeted keyword for now and add other categories along the way. Just to test the water first and if it looks promising, i can move on to bigger things. :)
I'm thinking of forming a group to keep us focus and be reminded of our goal so as to keep us moving.
Send me a message if you are interested or you can add me
@ facebook: www.facebook.com/dylanlzw
twitter: www.twitter.com/dylan_lim

This topic was started on Feb 12, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.