Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Copying Videos From YouTube

fatherhnds
Trust:

Copying Videos From YouTube

I would like to use a video on YouTube from The Department of Energy.
Since this is a government video and its to the public can I use it?
It does have their name on the video and I would give them credit for making it.
I would not say this is my video.

Also since videos are placed on YouTube to the public do we have a right to use them?
Do we have a right to edit them to make it our own?

Jimmy Carini
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
youtuve videos can be published if they have allowed embedding. when on youtube there is an option to share videos underneath the video. click on it and there should be an option to Embed video, if they have allowed embedding for their videos. Copy this embed code into your site to republish the video.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Jimmy,

Although videos in youtube are generally for public consumption, it does not mean that you can edit them and re-post them as you please. This is especially true for copyrighted videos.

I think it's safe for you to use that government video so long as you give credit where it's due. I wouldn't edit it in any way though, and post it on my website as it is.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

This topic was started on Jul 02, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.