Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Are Duplicate Articles With No Follow Tags Ok?

nates450r
Trust:

Are Duplicate Articles With No Follow Tags Ok?

Short and simple question some affiliate products have pre written articles for a affiliates to use
what i have been doing is rewritting the articles to make them original content for my site.

but (only based on more content for the visiter) would it be ok to cut/paste the pre written articles and add them
to my website if i put no follow tags on the pages.

i have about 25 original content articles on my site already so its not like im starting from scratch
i would not consider doing this if my site has a chance to get kicked in the butt by google for dup content.

What are your thoughts???
faradina
Trust:
"nofollow" will merely instruct some search engines that a hyperlink should not influence the link target's ranking in the search engine's index. It will not do anything towards protecting you from duplicate content penalties.
It would be best for you to rewrite the material so that you will have "unique" content.

This topic was started on Feb 12, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.