Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Yahoo Application ID? Does Anyone Use In XML Sitemap?

PremiumMember
catmar
Trust:

Yahoo Application ID? Does Anyone Use In XML Sitemap?

Under the basic options section in the XML sitemap plugin there is a section to notify Yahoo about updates on your blog. I've always just ignored it because it required getting an Application ID but was curious to know if I should be using it.

It seems that it's easier to rank in Google but was thinking if it makes it easier to rank in Yahoo by getting an application key then I should be doing that. It's just not something I've ever done.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks,

Catherine
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Catherine,

The same rules apply to Yahoo as far as ranking goes. Here's an article on how to improve the position of your website in Yahoo! Search Results.

Hope that helps. Have a good!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

PremiumMember
catmar
Trust:
Hi Cecille,

Thanks for that. It doesn't mention anything about the Yahoo Application ID.

Can you please explain exactly what the Yahoo Application ID is and should we take advantage of this by entering the application key into the field in XML sitemap.

If it's really not required than that's ok but Id just like to know what it's there for and it's purpose.

Thanks,
Catherine

This topic was started on Jun 23, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.