Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

XHTML

andy.o
Trust:

XHTML

Two questions that I have.
1) I am coding my first website in xhtml 1.0 and I cannot figure out how to create a proper section link. As in, I want to create links to jump to different sections of the page or back to the top of the page. The code I am using is this
Code: Select all
<body id="top">
   <a href="Page1.html/#top">top of 1</a>

Of course this is not the whole code just the parts that relate to the link I am trying to make. The problem is when I click the link all the formatting of the page is lost. Any help would be great and just a reminder this is XHTML 1.0 not HTML 4.01.

2) This probably shouldn't go in this section of the forum so I will move it if I should, but are we allowed to market our own discounts? For example, a product costs $100 with a 75% commission. Can we offer something along the lines of "Subscribe to this site and get a 10% rebate on all of your purchases made from this site today.", and then gave money through paypal or something similar out of our commission?

Thanks for all the help.
faradina
Trust:
Hi Andy.O,

The xhtml thing is beyond me but I do wish to express my opinion about number 2.

Many affiliates offer bonuses for purchasing products through their links, and offering a rebate looks a lot like a bonus to me. I think it is a very good idea but just make sure that it does not violate the affiliate TOS for each particular product that you want to promote this way.

It would be best to get in touch with the merchant about it before you proceed.

I hope that helps :)
andy.o
Trust:
Thanks Fara. That is what I thought I would have to do but just wanted to double check.

This topic was started on Sep 30, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.